Background Tasks Details

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
kush
Rookie
Rookie

Background Tasks Details

Unread post by kush » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi,
I wanted to test what happens when you start a file copy using file station and close the browser. It continued just like I thought it would, but now it's in background tasks. In file station I had more details like speed of the copy etc, Is there any way to view this information again in file station? The copy stays in background tasks and File station doesn't show the copy transfer anymore.

nickelfault
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Background Tasks Details

Unread post by nickelfault » Fri May 08, 2015 3:58 pm

I'd like to know this as well. I have a long running background task and it would be great to see the extended copy/move details like in the initial window such as transfer speed and ETA. I thought a double click on the item in the "File Task Monitor" window might bring up more details but no-go. This would be a great feature addition if there's no way to see it currently.

cs512tr
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by cs512tr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:48 pm

hi, i believe this feature needs more attention. as posts are from 2011 regarding this as well.

i am transferring massive files using synology web interface and USB HDD connected to NAS directly and i have no idea of the est. time to completion.

thanks

jj001
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jj001 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi

I would also like this additional information to appear. Transfer Speed, DateTime Starter, ETA. And a Pause/Resume Function will be so useful!

thanks

kevac
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by kevac » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:08 am

I would also like an answer to this question! so i bump!

chris30o0
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by chris30o0 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:52 pm

I'll have to +1 on this 3 year-old thread.
Even though this issue seems to track back to 2011 (according to one post above), I didn't manage to find a solution.
It would be great to view at least the speed of background tasks so I can calculate the remaining time myself.

I'm currenty copying a few TB to my new DS418play with DSM 6.1.6

drgonzoishere
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by drgonzoishere » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one, seems like such a simple thing for them to have missed of. I thought I was just unable to find an option for it.

drgonzoishere
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by drgonzoishere » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:08 pm

You can check speed of total transfers by going to:
Resource Monitor -> Performance -> Volume, and then select Transfer Rate in type

Ricky3579
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Ricky3579 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 am

I would like to add my weight to this request - background task times would be hugely useful...
Please, Synology?

Redders
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Redders » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:20 am

I also would love to see this feature improved - just transfer speed and ETA would be all i'd need.

moymike
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by moymike » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:44 pm

+1

Once you 'hide' the copy/move dialog, you only have the 'Background Task' to check progress. It only shows percent complete (XX.X%), where the copy/move dialog contains speed information on transfer and Estimated Time remaining.

There should be a way to 'unhide' that dialog from the Background Task.

Smithyhk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Smithyhk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:02 am

Me also adding a massive +1.

This is a simple feature, glaringly missing. Checking total transfer rates on volume via Resource Monitor (as suggested above) is ineffective for examining any specific transfer task(s) at hand.

Return to “System Management”