Cloud Sync cannot add OneDrive account

Discussion room for Cloud Sync, the package allowing file sync and backup between your DiskStation and Cloud services
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
carriba
Novice
Novice

Cloud Sync cannot add OneDrive account

Unread post by carriba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:07 pm

Dear all,

I've stopped all services of the Synology installed packages before doing a DSM version upgrade. Then, I've upgraded my DS to the latest version, DSM 5.1-5004, and everything went fine, DS is up & running.

I then went ahead and updated one by one all the DS packages amongst them also "Cloud Sync" towards version 1.0-0259, and rebooted the DS.

After the reboot, I wanted to add my OneDrive connection to Cloud Sync, and after supplying the correct credentials on a pop-up windows pointing to the login window of live.com that changes then to the URL

https://synocloudsync.synology.com/oned ... shost:5000

the wizard, the GUI stays "Authorising, please wait...". I waited for a while, and then clicked on the "Next" button on the Cloud Sync wizard, where I'm getting now a pop window "Authorisation failed."

Logging through the usual PC web browser to the OneDrive site, everything works fine with my user ID and password. (Thus, I'm pretty sure I'm using the correcct password.)

Checking the /var/log/messages I can see the the following entries:

Code: Select all

dshost> tail -f /var/log/messages
Nov 17 13:26:57 dshost cloud-indexd: select(socket_fd): Interrupted system call (4)
Nov 17 13:27:03 dshost root: Cloud Station preunist: check upgrade file /tmp/cloudstation.upgrade ...
Nov 17 13:27:25 dshost root: CS: [start.sh]: Cloud sync start...
Nov 17 13:27:25 dshost cloud-sync-starter: [WARNING] channel.cpp(418): Channel: Can not connect to server at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'. No such file or directory
Nov 17 13:27:29 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [WARNING] channel.cpp(418): Channel: Can not connect to server at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'. No such file or directory
Nov 17 13:27:29 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [ERROR] dscs-daemon-ipc.cpp(42): Failed to connect at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'
Nov 17 13:27:29 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [ERROR] dscs-daemon-ipc.cpp(224): Failed to Send get session status
Nov 17 13:27:29 dshost cloudsync.cgi: cloud.cpp:588 Get session status error
Nov 17 13:27:29 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [WARNING] channel.cpp(418): Channel: Can not connect to server at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'. No such file or directory
Nov 17 13:27:29 dshost cloudsync.cgi: cloud.cpp:1623 Failed to get worker status
From the log messages, I understand that Cloud Sync is complaining about a missing file "/tmp/cloud-sync-socket". However, the file does indeed exist as whown with:

dshost> ls -al /tmp/cloud-sync-socket
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Nov 17 13:27 cloud-sync-socket
Any pointer on what might be happening here ??
Last edited by carriba on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

carriba
Novice
Novice

Re: Cloud Sync cannot add OneDrive account

Unread post by carriba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Can observe the same messages when manually sopping the Cloud Sync service and starting it up:

Nov 17 14:27:03 dshost root: CS: [start.sh]: Cloud sync stop...
^C
dshost> ls -al /tmp/clou*
ls: /tmp/clou*: No such file or directory
Nov 17 14:26:30 dshost root: CS: [start.sh]: Cloud sync start...
Nov 17 14:26:30 dshost cloud-sync-starter: [WARNING] channel.cpp(418): Channel: Can not connect to server at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'. No such file or directory
Nov 17 14:27:03 dshost root: CS: [start.sh]: Cloud sync stop...
Nov 17 14:27:30 dshost root: CS: [start.sh]: Cloud sync start...
Nov 17 14:27:30 dshost cloud-sync-starter: [WARNING] channel.cpp(418): Channel: Can not connect to server at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'. No such file or directory
^C
dshost> ls -al /tmp/clou*
srwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Nov 17 14:27 /tmp/cloud-sync-socket
dshost>
Last edited by carriba on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinmartins
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by kevinmartins » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:41 pm

If you connect to your ds by ip adress it should work.
I've got the same problem if I use the dns name.

jamil6
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jamil6 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:07 pm

You'd better try KrojamSoft SyncFile program

carriba
Novice
Novice

Unread post by carriba » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:15 am

After all sanity checks on the DSM configuration which results the DS box running fine, I've restarted Cloud Sync again, and tried to add a different service provider account (rather than OneDrive), and followed the wizard instructions.

Again, a pop-up window comes up to confirm allow Synology use my cloud account, which I confirm, and then the same pop-up window simply remains blank.

The Sync Cloud wizard GUI says "Authorising, please wait...". I waited a while, and then clicked on the "Next" button on the Cloud Sync wizard, where I'm getting again the same application pop-up window "Authorisation failed."

Here the entries in the /var/log/messages log file I have been able to capture:

Nov 18 08:56:50 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [WARNING] channel.cpp(418): Channel: Can not connect to server at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'. No such file or directory
Nov 18 08:56:50 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [ERROR] dscs-daemon-ipc.cpp(42): Failed to connect at '/tmp/cloud-sync-socket'
Nov 18 08:56:50 dshost cloudsync.cgi: [ERROR] dscs-daemon-ipc.cpp(224): Failed to Send get session status
Nov 18 08:56:50 dshost cloudsync.cgi: cloud.cpp:588 Get session status error
Unless I missed something, there seems to be something wrong with the Sync Cloud application package, especially if I read in this forum similar problems experienced by other users like

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 35&t=92004

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 35&t=92734

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 35&t=92535

Return to “Cloud Sync”