Pre sales - DS412+ USB port issue

The general discussion room of 2012 Synology DiskStations.
Do not post support questions in this room, please refer to one of the rooms below for further assistance.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
mag308
I'm New!
I'm New!

Pre sales - DS412+ USB port issue

Unread post by mag308 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Hello all, I'm considering purchasing this unit and have been considering the QNAP TS459-Pro II as well. I've read good things about both units but I've also seen some recent reports of quality issues on the DS412+ with USB ports not lining up with the case openings so people cannot plug in the USB connector. Has anyone here experienced this, any acknowledgment (or dismissal) from Synology?

Also, I plan to support Windows and MAC (osX 10.7+). Any feedback good or bad on teh Apple support/compatibility side?

Thanks for your responses...

Jeremie
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Re: Pre sales - DS412+ USB port issue

Unread post by Jeremie » Thu May 24, 2012 7:56 am

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that Synology are well aware of these cases of misaligned USB connectors, but that they are extremely rare, so you don't need to have any concerns about purchasing a DS412+.
If ever you were to encounter this problem, we will replace the unit immediately.

Jeremie

mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Unread post by mike42dk » Sat May 26, 2012 8:33 am

mag308 wrote: Also, I plan to support Windows and MAC (osX 10.7+). Any feedback good or bad on teh Apple support/compatibility side?

Thanks for your responses...
Hi

I have setup servile DS, to work with MAC, and in daily use I have no problems, backup (TM), music (Itunes), movie (streaming) or just as file server, same goes with the apps for Iphone.

The DS all comes with same DSM, but OFC compiled for each CPU platform.

But what gives with a NAS is that the network setup is also important to get around.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6.2
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic

Stomer
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Stomer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:18 am

Jeremie wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that Synology are well aware of these cases of misaligned USB connectors, but that they are extremely rare, so you don't need to have any concerns about purchasing a DS412+.
If ever you were to encounter this problem, we will replace the unit immediately.

Jeremie
I have had this unit for a few years and just this week I had a drive crash. I went to backup critical data via the USB port, and guess what, the 3.0 ports (the ones I desperately need) do not line up. What are my options at this point? Clearly, the box was defective, but I did not discover this until now. Please advise as quickly as possible. I have 9TB of data that I cannot afford to lose.

Return to “2012 Synology DiskStation Hardware Discussion”