Setting up DS210J in MySQL Workbench

Questions regaring MySQL and PHP may go here
Forum rules
Please note the disclaimer before modifying your Synology Product.
dark_perfect
Novice
Novice

Setting up DS210J in MySQL Workbench

Postby dark_perfect » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup my DS210J in MySQL workbench and have it mostly working. There are a couple of bits i'm struggling with, however.

In the Server Administrator setup, the application auto-detects my MySQL Server version as 5.1.49-log, which is good, i think. I enter in the SSH login details to use the root account (this is definitely accessible as I use the root account via ssh all the time). I choose not to authenticate using SSH Key. I have it set to System Type: Linux; Installation Type: Custom; Configuration File: /etc/my.cnf; Configuration File Section: mysqld;

The Start MySQL command is set to : /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S21mysql.sh start; and the stop command set to : /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/S21mysql.sh stop. The Check MySQL Status command i've set to : cat /tmp/mysqld.pid; I've set the aforementioned settings to not use administrator rights (because it's logged in as root - don't want it doing sudo or anything).

Using these settings, it logs in and I can see the server status as well as cpu load, memory load etc. So far so good.

But when I click on Options File in the Configuration heading, I get the error : "Error opening configuration file. SSHException: Channel closed."

Anyone else had this error? Seems to be trying to open the my.cnf file, i reckon, and it's definitely in the path i've given to it, as have checked it manually. Seems the rest of the setup is good, so i'm a bit confuzzled...

Thanks,
Nick
sanderdw
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Setting up DS210J in MySQL Workbench

Postby sanderdw » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:32 pm

I have the same problem but i don't see advantages to control the server with Workbench, so it doesn't really bother me. Can you see the connectionts and bandwidth in the Workbench?
dark_perfect
Novice
Novice

Postby dark_perfect » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi,

Yeah, i can see the connections and bandwidth.

I just liked the idea of being able to control the configuration and settings in a remote tool like that, so was hoping to get it all working properly.

Has anyone got this working?

Thanks,
Nick
progrupe
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby progrupe » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:42 am

Same problem here. Also waiting for a response :)
slavikf
Sharp
Sharp

Postby slavikf » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 pm

Same issue.
MyDS 4.1
WorkBench 5.2.44 CE

Error message:
"Error opening configuration file
SSHException: EOF during negotiation"
owner of DS412+