PS3 -- DNLA Server Error 7531 -- Help!

Questions with regards streaming from the Microsoft Xbox360 or Sony PlayStation 3 can be placed here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Bosk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Bosk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:36 pm

I just got the DS110J and set it up. I loaded my media files to it and enabled dlna.

It worked like a champ for a day or so, but now when I turn on my PS3, I instantly get "DLNA error (7531)" message on my ps3. I can see the Synology NAS, but when I click on it on the PS3, it says there are no files.

If I go into the Web menu for the NAS, and restart the DLNA server, then it works. But I don't want to have to do this every time (would be a hassle, and does not pass the easy-to-use for the wife and kids test).

UPNP is enabled on my router (Netgear WNR3500L), and the PS3 and NAS are connected to it via a Trendnet Gigabit switch. The PS3 and NAS are running on DHCP. The PS3 is connected via a pair of Netgear Wireless N bridge/access points. I've got the latest version of 2.3 running, and I've got all the ports they have listed forwarded on my router.

If I try to stream from my PC or Mac, then I don't get an error. So the issue lies with the NAS.

Any one else experienced this error? Synology is looking into it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this? How can I keep this error from happening every time? Streaming to my PS3 and other devices was the main reason I bought the NAS.

Thanks!

Seed
Versed
Versed

Re: PS3 -- DNLA Server Error 7531 -- Help!

Unread post by Seed » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am

Bosk wrote:
If I try to stream from my PC or Mac, then I don't get an error. So the issue lies with the NAS.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by the above? How did you set this up?
DS412+ 5.0-4458 | 4x3TB Seagate
CloudStation | CrashPlan | Time Machine | Surveillance Station

Bosk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Bosk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:47 am

Seed wrote:
Bosk wrote:
Can you elaborate on what you mean by the above? How did you set this up?
Hi, if I try a media streaming program on my Mac -- like ps3mediaserver -- or my pc -- like medialink -- to my ps3 then I don't get an error. But with the NAS I do.

Also, I've done a little playing. I shut off all other services (audio and photo station, itunes server), and deleted all the ports on my router that I read I should forward for the NAS. Then I reset the dlna server on the NAS. Now the PS3 has booted up and no error so far and I can see and play videos via the NAS. Strange that closing the ports helps... could it be you only need to forward ports if you don't have upnp? I will see if it still keeps working later and will update. Thanks!

Hmm28
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Hmm28 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 am

I've experienced the excact same error with my other NAS (WD World - for ease of use ;-)).

This happens when the NAS enters hibernation mode - and you have to "wake up" the NAS by accessing it from the PS3.

Simple solution.
When you experience it, try re-scanning for network media servers (on the PS3). Upon completion of the scan - navigate to your NAS.
Problem solved.

If this doesn't help - try "waking" the NAS by a PC/Mac request (i.e. browsing to its folder etc.). Then navigate via the PS3.

This is not a NAS-issue - but a PS3 one.

Seed
Versed
Versed

Unread post by Seed » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Bosk wrote:Strange that closing the ports helps... could it be you only need to forward ports if you don't have upnp? I will see if it still keeps working later and will update. Thanks!
Opening ports should only be required for external to internal mappings. On your private network you shouldn't need to do this. This can easily be tested using the telnet utility.
DS412+ 5.0-4458 | 4x3TB Seagate
CloudStation | CrashPlan | Time Machine | Surveillance Station

avalp
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by avalp » Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Disabling and Re-enabling the Media Server Connections under Network Settings on the PS3 config seems to fix it for me.

Bosk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Bosk » Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Rescaning seemed to do the trick. Also, the good folks at Synology suggested turning off the hibernation feature, which also cleared up the problem.

Thanks to everyone.

jackduk
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by jackduk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 am

I've started seeing this error, but with no consistency. Sometimes my PS3 can see the NAS box, sometimes it doesn't, and only on a few occasions have I seen this particular error. In all cases, it doesn't happen immediately. It takes a good few minutes, despite all appliances being connected via Ethernet. None of the few solutions I've found across the forums appear to be a complete fix, more so a workaround. Re-scanning for media servers from the PS3 has never yielded any results, the NAS icon just appears after a few minutes.

It's a shame this was highlighted as far back as 2010 and is still an issue.

ChefChaudart
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by ChefChaudart » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:00 am

Hello,

I confirm it´s a shame ... :oops:

It makes video watching from PS3 unusable ...

I´ve seen Synology team more efficient on resolving issues :shock:

Cheers

Return to “Console Media Streaming”