HELP! Data missing!

Topics pertaining to volume setup, boot/shutdown, initialization, DSM update, HDD migration.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
jgsyno
I'm New!
I'm New!

HELP! Data missing!

Unread post by jgsyno » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Hello team. looking for help.-. I have a 412+ synology nas. Raid 5. One of my disks failed (#2). I took away wrongly #1 :( (I am color blind) I immediately pulled it back on its place, From that moment 412+ web response is SLOOOOOW it takes minutes to refresh a screen. When I get to the disk management it said the disk #1 had to be recovered? (something like that, my DS was in spanish) I also exchanged the faulty #2 disk with a new one.

And now, I have disk #1 as status "initiated", #3 & 4 as Normal, and #2 as non initiated.

My data is still in disk #1! Is it possible to reinitiate #1 somehow to recover the raid data? It's horrible to navigate since it takes like 15m everytime I open a window in the diskstation.

If I move #1 disk to slot 2, will it recognize it as a previous disk of the RAID?

Thanks in advance!!

Return to “Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion”