more functions for Synology CMS

Discuss with the community any ideas you'd love to see in future DiskStations and DSM updates! We do our best to monitor and forward all of them, but we recommend to also use this form as our team will systematically see your suggestion:
https://www.synology.com/form/inquiry/feature
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
mazedecoder
I'm New!
I'm New!

more functions for Synology CMS

Unread post by mazedecoder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:58 am

Hi folks

We bought 22 Synology Disk Stations 918+ for our company.
We are glad that there is an application like CMS, but we would also like to have more funtions in this CMS app, like:
  • option to automatically install some apps from package center (Hyper Backup for example)
  • option to set desktop shortcuts (to have the same view on all Synos)
  • option to set the widgets (to have the same view on all Synos)
  • option to set the DSM auto update
  • option to set the package center auto update
Thanks for reviewing!

Shadow771
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: more functions for Synology CMS

Unread post by Shadow771 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 am

22 synology NAS'es? Wow.. I wonder if it wouldn't have been more efficient to buy a couple of RackStations and attach them to a big SAN or something..

Anyhow, agree with all those missing options in CMS.
Synology DS216+II <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> <site-to-site VPN tunnel> <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> Synology DS118

mazedecoder
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: more functions for Synology CMS

Unread post by mazedecoder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for the reply! It is a special situation. These Disk Stations are all for our 1-5 employees branches (eastern Europe etc..).
Thats the reason why we have chosen this solution. CMS is ok, better this than nothing, but there is a lot to improve...
At our head quarter we have a Rack Station with the CMS controller installed..

Return to “Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions”