MKV File Indexing Issue

IF your questions pertains to using the file server performance, transfer issues, jumbo frames tuning, post it here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
creativitext
I'm New!
I'm New!

MKV File Indexing Issue

Unread post by creativitext » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi Everyone - I'm experiencing an odd issue on my server and I can't figure out how to fix it. My video folder contains sub-folders for TV and Movies. For some reason my Synology server is not indexing MKV files under the Movies sub-folder.

When I search for MKV movie files using a search field or universal search it won't find them. If I look in the movie sub-folder they are there. If I type in the movie name it will only find the non-MKV related files (e.g., the sub-title files or M4V versions that are optimized for mobile devices). It ignores the MKV files. I don't have this problem in the TV sub-folder.

I've checked the Universal Search options and the Index Services and both are checked to index video files so I can't figure out why indexing is ignoring the MKV file type in only one sub-folder (Movies).

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Return to “File Server Performance”