Deactivated users

Discussion room for Chat beta package
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
weener
I'm New!
I'm New!

Deactivated users

Unread post by weener » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:17 am

Hi there,

we're moving to Synology Chat to replace WhatsApp on our business smartphones.
Looks very promising but there's one problem. Some users are getting "deactivated" after some time (of inactivity?). When they open the app on their phone everything is fine again. But that's very annoying.

Where can I configure the rules for deactivation? Or are there any setting on the smartphone? The problem occurs with android and ios users...

Thanks for your hints...

Michael

mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Deactivated users

Unread post by mike42dk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:44 am

Hi

My bid could be that the power settings on the phone shuts down the app.

On android (this is not the same on all phones, but clean android phones) go to settings and battery, and there are a setting that controls the apps background activity, ther you can (Blacklist or white list) the app so it keeps running in the background on the phone.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6.2
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic

weener
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by weener » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:21 am

That was my first idea. I checked battery settings on both - android and ios. But it didn't help. After some hours the users are deactivated again...

weener
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by weener » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:58 am

Alright, it's not an app issue I think. We're using Chat in our Active Directory environment. The Diskstation is part of our domain.
I figured out that "normal" domain users are being deactivated every night. Domain admins stay connected. On the diskstation there's a log (/var/log/synochat.log) that says:

Code: Select all

2018-08-22T00:00:44+02:00 DISKSTATION synochat_crontask: synochat_crontask.cpp:38 (pid:31806, euid:119664) [err: (0)]refreshed permission, recovered 0 users, deleted 4 users
Those 4 users that are being "deleted" (actually deactivated) are normal domain users.

Are there any permissions I have to grant to normal users to get Chat working properly?

Return to “Chat”