WIndows Server 2016 AD forest + Folder redirection

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
jharvey208
I'm New!
I'm New!

WIndows Server 2016 AD forest + Folder redirection

Unread post by jharvey208 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 am

Setup folder redirection a couple of years ago on a W2k12 AD forest using GP and has worked fine until I changed over to Synology DSM. Now when users try and login we get a access is denied error message in event viewer whenever FR tries to apply FR options, but the user can make folders etc on the file share that FR is set to use.

I've set the correct permissions according to the Synology docs but still not working.

I've created a new user and windows can create the root %username% folder on that network share and will also create the AppData folder but thats it.

I've given the user complete control over the folder and all sub files but still not working.

Any help please? :shock:

Return to “Windows AD Domain”