Wordpress Websites local periodic Backup

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Of_Projects
I'm New!
I'm New!

Wordpress Websites local periodic Backup

Unread post by Of_Projects » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I hope here I can find a solution because after a morning spent on looking everywhere in the internet, I came out with nothing that really is what i'm looking for.

I work with several Wordpress websites, and as many of you I think do when working with this kind of stuff, I require to have a backup of my works in the eventuality of something wrong.

I have a NAS Synology DS716+II correctly working on the local network, and I need a system that periodically goes on the respective server via FTP and downloads local copies of each website I host. The Only thing I found is the following : https://evotec.xyz/how-to-backup-ftp-to-synology/ but I am not able to understand if it's the right solution for many websites.

I hope someone will be able to help me, I have good skills so even if it's something not-so-easy I should be able to manage it.

Thanks in Advance

mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Wordpress Websites local periodic Backup

Unread post by mike42dk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 am

Hi

I guess you are talking about offsite hosted wordpress pages.

If so, then the suggested solution will work just fine, just make a job for each homepage.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6.2
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic

Return to “Wordpress”