Wordpress Websites local periodic Backup

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Of_Projects
I'm New!
I'm New!

Wordpress Websites local periodic Backup

Unread post by Of_Projects » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I hope here I can find a solution because after a morning spent on looking everywhere in the internet, I came out with nothing that really is what i'm looking for.

I work with several Wordpress websites, and as many of you I think do when working with this kind of stuff, I require to have a backup of my works in the eventuality of something wrong.

I have a NAS Synology DS716+II correctly working on the local network, and I need a system that periodically goes on the respective server via FTP and downloads local copies of each website I host. The Only thing I found is the following : https://evotec.xyz/how-to-backup-ftp-to-synology/ but I am not able to understand if it's the right solution for many websites.

I hope someone will be able to help me, I have good skills so even if it's something not-so-easy I should be able to manage it.

Thanks in Advance

mike42dk
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Wordpress Websites local periodic Backup

Unread post by mike42dk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 am

Hi

I guess you are talking about offsite hosted wordpress pages.

If so, then the suggested solution will work just fine, just make a job for each homepage.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
DS 415+ DSM 6.2
2 WD red 2 TB RAID 1
2 Seagate nas 4 TB basic
DX 213
1 WD purple 1 TB basic

Return to “Wordpress”