Volume repair and DS Access

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
sajison
I'm New!
I'm New!

Volume repair and DS Access

Unread post by sajison » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi,

I have a ds411j and was doing a repair on one of the volumes yesterday. My browser window crashed while it was going along very slowly and when I went to try to log back in, I can't find the DS. I can't use the web portal and the assistant does not find it and I'm not sure how to proceed. Is the repair continuing and it will show up when complete? Should I power off the unit and see if it shows up again? any help would be awesome!

Shadow771
Enlightened
Enlightened

Re: Volume repair and DS Access

Unread post by Shadow771 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 am

sajison wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:04 pm
Should I power off the unit and see if it shows up again?
If you do that then 99% chance you'll destroy the repair progress. Can you see if there is any HDD activity with the LED lights on the front? It may still be busy.
Synology DS216+II <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> <site-to-site VPN tunnel> <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> Synology DS118

sajison
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by sajison » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:26 am

Thanks so much for replying. I haven't turned it off but am still not seeing it. The lights is see are

4 solid green hd lights
blinking orange status light
green lan light

any ideas?

sajison
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by sajison » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Its been like 4-5 days now. guess i'll do a restart

Return to “System Management”