Is it possible to create an FTP page from synology NAS?

For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Scansys
I'm New!
I'm New!

Is it possible to create an FTP page from synology NAS?

Unread post by Scansys » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Excuse my English but it's far below average. But I will try to explain what I need properly.

So I need to create an web page where multiple colleagues of my company can log in so they can create an FTP account for our customers.

So I was wondering can I create an FTP web page where people can log in with there own accounts and create an FTP account on the NAS we have without any form of programming? Is there like a add-on or program in the Package center?

NAS Brand: Synology
NAS Model: RS3614xs+

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Re: Is it possible to create an FTP page from synology NAS?

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 pm

No it can’t be done. At least the part that will offer the web page where you can create new accounts.

Only DSM admins can create accounts and delegate privilages to specific services/apps (like FTP for example).

As for your customers, if they don’t wanna use any local FTP tool they can use a web based one: http://www.net2ftp.com

It works fine with Synology ftp server in the backend
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

Return to “FTP & WebDAV Server”