Can't mount CIFS shares, Missing /sbin/mount.cifs

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
cmoro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Can't mount CIFS shares, Missing /sbin/mount.cifs

Unread post by cmoro » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:34 pm

I understand how user forums work. What I don't understand is how you are still replying to this topic if you have nothing to help. All you did so far is make wrong assumptions (you didn't know I had good reason to assume support WILL look at this topic). And now you want to give a lecture about how to behave in a user forum. Unbelievable.
Last edited by cmoro on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:38 pm

O you want me to apologize to you? Thats a good one. Maybe if you were not so rude to begin with people would not consider you to be a troll. But hey, I promise not to respond to you no more. I really do hope this gets fixed for you.
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

cmoro
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by cmoro » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:16 am

Quick status update: after a bit of back and forth with support looks like this is a known bug and they are planning to fix this in a future DSM release. I'm actually positively surprised by Synology support. Here is the last response from support:
Hi Carlos,

I checked and it looks like we have now added a bug about devices that run Samba 3.6 which is when SMB2 became stable: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_ ... B2_support

So it seems like there's a good chance that's the version your WD NAS supports. The suggested workaround at the moment is to disable SMB2 on the NAS running Samba 3.6. I don't have a timeframe but it does look like they're aware of what's causing the issue so this will be updated in DSM in the future.

Thanks,
-Dustin
I tried the workaround they suggested, and after disabling SMB2 in my other NAS everything started working again. My backups are up and running!

PS: I'm sorry about the whole discussion above. I wish I could delete all these posts since they don't help other users and may even make it impossible for users to find this solution.

Thanks!
Carlos

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:16 am

Glad you got it fixed m8. Just wished you have read my initial 2 responses in this topic (that were addressed to the same issued to 2 other members) and you would notice that that was my initial suggestion as well.

No matter, the important thing is that you got your setup going.
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

Return to “File Station”