VPN - Synology SSL VPN

Discussion room for Synology VPN package in DSM 3.1-1725 or above.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
smacrae
I'm New!
I'm New!

VPN - Synology SSL VPN

Unread post by smacrae » Fri May 18, 2018 5:20 am

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, it's doing my head in.

I have 6x Synology RT2600AC units...all running on independent networks (clients) running VPN Plus with the Synology SSL VPN enabled. Previously all working perfectly. However, for some reason over the past 24 hours, I am unable to install the client on Windows PC's (detection fails). I have even resorted to removing the client from a previously working PC and reconnecting in and then this client also has the compatibility issue.

I have tried using IE, Chrome and Firefox...tried from Windows 10, 2012R2 and from different client end networks to all of the 6 aforementioned Synology RT units (all on different networks themselves).

The message is as follows (I log in, it goes to detect if a client plugin is installed and then comes back with):

Client Unsupported on Windows

This application is not supported on your device. Download a compatible version below for use.

(then only iOS and Andriod is listed)

Any help would be appreciated. I have submitted a support ticket however just shy of 24 hours and I haven't as yet received a reply so starting to get desperate.

Thanks......

Update
I haven't heard anything from Synology however all of a sudden it all started working again to all 6x Synology RT unit....would be nice to hear from Synology as to WHY this occurred and acknowledgement that something was up on their servers which detect and push out the SSL VPN client to requesting clients.

Return to “VPN Server”