DAHUA not working with SS 8.1

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
ombrard
I'm New!
I'm New!

DAHUA not working with SS 8.1

Unread post by ombrard » Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 am

Hello Guys,

i'm pretty new at using SS but everything with Synology is pretty straight forward. For some reason this is not the case.

I recently purchased a DAHUA IPC-HDBW4431E-AS (after researching features and compatibility with synology) to test and purchase a bunch more afterward.

So here is the problem:

I first setup the camera's IP and password and made sure everything worked. I left everything else set to default.
Then i launched SS and in the IP cameras section i tried to add the camera and this is where the problems started.

Thinking that the camera was compatible and in the list i looked for it via the network lookup and sure enough it showed up so i just selected it, added the user and password and the test worked and showed an image.

As soon as i hit OK SS tried to connect to the camera without success saying something about the RTSP config so i started checking everything from top to bottom. Forced UDP, TCP, HTTP (which btw only HTTP worked during the connection test even if i set the proper ports). Also i've updated the firmware of the camera to make sure it wasn't a version problem but that didn't work either.

After long hours of messing with the settings i managed to make it work ONLY in ONVIF mode and ONLY with the default settings. As soon as i try to change anything on the camera settings it stops working.

Obviously i picked this camera for various reasons, one bein H265 for saving bandwidth but i can't make it work for the life of me. The only thing i understand so far is that there is something seriously wrong with the camera profile inside of SS and i can't figure out what it is. Changing the connection, codec or anything else doesn't seem to work if i'm not in ONVIF mode.... and there is no H265 there.

Can anybody help me?

litris
Novice
Novice

Re: DAHUA not working with SS 8.1

Unread post by litris » Fri May 18, 2018 9:23 am

The same thing happens to me if I use Onvif with authentication deactivated when the test pulse shows the image but when I give it to save it seems to me disconnected error configuration Rtsp.

How could you use Onvif? I used port 80 and without authentication.
The error is the same with the correct Dahua generic profile test and when loading the configuration appears discounted and also at that moment I can not access the camera is restarting.

Thank you.

ombrard
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ombrard » Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi Litris,

i had issues with ONVIF too. All i did was reset the configuration of the camera (not the user or ip) and it started working using the ONVIF. Just make sure the codec is set to H264 in camera.

I've been running it for 24 hours doing some tests with different framerates to check the occupied size.

Also make sure you change the bitrate to variable IN CAMERA. There is no way to do it via SS and that saves a LOT of space.

Here is a pic of the settings. Just make sure is set to H264, everything else is set by SS except Variable Bit Rate

Still i'd like to run the camera in H265 to save even more space and with the proper config.

Anybody else had luck with DAHUA cams in H265??

ombrard
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by ombrard » Sun May 20, 2018 12:19 am

Can somebody recoomend H265 cameras compatible with SS using the proper profile?

Return to “Surveillance Station”