DS1515+ I/O error

Questions pertaining to Power settings, Auto Block, Permissions, User Quotas and Email alerts may be posted here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
shark1971hk
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS1515+ I/O error

Unread post by shark1971hk » Thu May 17, 2018 8:40 am

I received the warning message: I/O error occurred on Hard disk 4 and Bad sector was found on Hard disk 4.

But i run the Health Info s.m.a.r.t test (Quick or Extended) on my Hard disk 4 it show normal. Consistency check completed and no error, on bad sector at all.

Is it a device failure or hard disk failure?

Squozen
Navigator
Navigator

Re: DS1515+ I/O error

Unread post by Squozen » Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am

The drive has most likely replaced the sector with one from its pool of spares. Just keep an eye on it - if it continues to find errors the drive should be replaced, especially if it is still under warranty.

Return to “System Management”