share files with clusters outside the company

For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
mirandm
I'm New!
I'm New!

share files with clusters outside the company

Unread post by mirandm » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

hi there, we have a RS815+ and like to get files from customer and share files with them. Ideally just with a temporarily link, like wetransfer or the like. I saw the "Create file request" feature, which looks good, but how can anyone in the company create an upload/download link for the customer without going on the admin panel?

thanks!
marco

Shadow771
Sharp
Sharp

Re: share files with clusters outside the company

Unread post by Shadow771 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Do you mean this?

This is a screenshot from a user with no admin rights on my NAS. Not sure what you mean with 'admin panel'. Users need to only have access to the 2 following features within DSM:

- Desktop
- File Station
Synology DS216+II <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> <site-to-site VPN tunnel> <--> Synology RT1900AC <--> Synology DS118+

mirandm
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: share files with clusters outside the company

Unread post by mirandm » Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 am

thanks for the fast reply. I set it up as you suggested, and this seems to be a viable solution. But why can't i get the "create file request" feature enabled for users as well? The outcome is the same, a shared link, but the UI is a bit simpler then the "share" feature.

Return to “FTP & WebDAV Server”