Second WordPress Install Issues

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
bcollins33
I'm New!
I'm New!

Second WordPress Install Issues

Unread post by bcollins33 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:12 am

I've successfully installed the WordPress Synology package and it's working normally.

I've begun the process of installing a second install of WordPress in my "web" folder. I've created a new entry in the "Virtual Host" section and that is working correctly. I placed all of the WordPress install files into a folder inside the "web" folder and pointed the Virtual Host there. I also created access rules for as follows:

When I access the domain I have pointed there, I successfully get the WordPress install screen.

The problem comes when I get to "step 2" of the process after filling in all of the database details.

If I use PHP 7.0 as my PHP profile, I get a 500 error. If I use PHP 5.6, the second page loads fine but I get an error message saying the system can't connect to the database.

I've also created a new database and user in PHP MyAdmin and have been entering the information for that.

I've searched the forums and tried all the steps listed (on posts like this for example) and cannot get past this problem.

Return to “Wordpress”