Error 404 on creation new WP instance

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
bkantique
I'm New!
I'm New!

Error 404 on creation new WP instance

Unread post by bkantique » Thu May 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi there

Few month ago I installed an instance of WP manually inside the /web folder (/web/sitedev1) and it's running well.
Today I would like to install a new instance of WP under /web folder but I tried following the same tutorial I used for the first instance and at the moment when I type the url 192.168.1.XX/sitedev2.dev/wp-admin/install.php I get a 404 error and I don't figure out why
What I did so far is
- create a dedicated folder /sitedev2 under /web folder (in which I transferred via ftp the last version of WP 4.9.5)
- create the wp-config.php with all relevant parameters (database, salt phrases, etc.)
- create a dedicated database sitedev2 with phpmyadmin
- create a second virtual host using Web station (sitedev2.dev pointing on folder /web/sitedev and the status is green "normal" currently)
- add to /etc/hosts the line 127.0.0.1 sitedev.dev

What did I missed there ?

thanks for your advices

BKantique

Return to “Wordpress”