Problem transferring a site

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Paul Barrett
Experienced
Experienced

Problem transferring a site

Unread post by Paul Barrett » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:12 am

I have a couple of externally hosted WordPress sites that I wanted to replicate to my DS916+ for disaster recovery purposes.

I don't have cpanel access to the sites because it's a fully managed service

I have tried two plugins, All-in-One WP Migration and UpdraftPlus Premium.

The smaller of my two sites (approx 200MB) migrated flawlessly using All-In One. The larger one (1.4GB) fails with both plugins. If I rerun the export process it produces differing file sizes for the same content, so I suspect some sort of timeout is causing the issue

I have two questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it please?
2. The UpdraftPlus vendor suggests looking at the php logs on the 916+ to see if there are any error reports. Anyone know where these are located in Syno please?

Regards

Paul Barrett
Main: 916+
Test: 716+II
Backup: DS411j
Standby: DS216j
RT2600ac Router
Ver: Always the latest :)

bcollins33
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Problem transferring a site

Unread post by bcollins33 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:51 pm

I ran into the the same problem with Updraft a few days ago. Did you ever find a solution?

Return to “Wordpress”