Download Station does not show for Domain Users

All questions pertaining to Windows Active Directory Service can go here
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
kaede15
I'm New!
I'm New!

Download Station does not show for Domain Users

Unread post by kaede15 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 am

This is very weird. I joined my DS to my Windows Server 2016 /AD without any problem and I can login with every domain users so I don't think I have a problem there.
But strangely I cannot seem to make the Download Station available to my Domain users.
I installed other apps like Calendar, Video Station, Surveillance Station and LogCenter
Later I went to Control Panel --> Domain/LDAP --> Domain Group (or Domain Usuers) --> select the group (Example HOME.LAB\Domain Admins) --> Edit --> Applications
Strangely the Download Station isn't on the list and either does LogCenter (but somehow this one is available in the apps menu).

BTW, I on the latest DSM.

Does anybody know how can I make the download station available to my Domain users?

dprus
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Download Station does not show for Domain Users

Unread post by dprus » Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 am

I'm seeing the exact same issue. Would love it if someone could shed some light on this!

MrShamus
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by MrShamus » Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 am

This is expected behaviour... You need a local DSM account to use Download Station...
Note:
Download Station is available only to local DSM users but not to domain users or LDAP users.
Taken from https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledg ... ation_desc

MiBaDK
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by MiBaDK » Fri May 18, 2018 1:21 pm

It would be really awesome if we could give permissions to domain users/groups.

@Synology, please make this happen :)

Return to “Windows AD Domain”