Sage 50 on iSCSI

See if your 3rd party software (such as backup software) is compatible with our product.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Hashhead
I'm New!
I'm New!

Sage 50 on iSCSI

Unread post by Hashhead » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Hello everyone,

New to computing so please be understanding of my ignorance :)

I recently purchased a Synology NAS to replace my businesses aging Windows based server. Everything has been great apart from one issue I have with my recently purchased SAGE 50 ACCOUNTS with 2 simultaneous users.
The problem is that when I spoke to the guy on the phone from SAGE about installing the product. He said that it needed to be installed on windows bases stand alone server... not very usefull to me, he said that SAGE will not work on a NAS! and as such is unable or willing to support it.
So I did some research and found out about iSCSI, looks like a perfect solutions but I have a couple questions regarding this.

1. Will both my users be able to access the data on the iSCSI drive at the same time? What are the implications?
2. I Currently use hyper backup to backup to external drive. will I be able to do the same with the LUN?

If anyone else has experince of installing SAGE onto their NAS please give me some guidance.

Forever in your favor!

Hashhead

HarryPotter
Honorary Moderator
Honorary Moderator

Re: Sage 50 on iSCSI

Unread post by HarryPotter » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 pm

I tried it several times. The guy from SAGE is right, it is not usuable. The communication is way too slow.
*Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!*

DS718+ / DSM 6.2-23511 / ST4000VN000-2AH166 / SA400S37120G SSD cache /16 GB RAM
DS415+ / DSM 6.2-23511

LMS 7.9.1-166, 2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

APC Smart UPS SUA750i

Return to “Software Compatibility Lists”