Note Station Mac app will not launch!

Discussion room for Note Station package
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
luckman212
Sharp
Sharp

Note Station Mac app will not launch!

Unread post by luckman212 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello

I wanted to give Note Station a try so I installed the package on my DS1515+ ... No problem there
Next, I downloaded the Mac app (v 2.0.220) direct from Synology's site and copied it to my /Applications folder.
When I launch it, nothing happens -- no error, no dialog box, no icon in the dock... nothing
I'm on macOS 10.13 (17A405)
Anyone else having this issue? or know how to fix it?
DS1515+, DSM 6.2-23739 u2

Bezelle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Note Station Mac app will not launch!

Unread post by Bezelle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Discard your existing app. Then download from Synology and install a second time. Mine did not have any problems.

Bezelle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Bezelle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Think I found the problem. Appears to be where the app is located. If you put it in the standard system level Applications folder then it does as yours. The installer actually puts it in your Users Application folder. After I dragged it to the system Application folder then it would not open. Putting it back into Users Application folder fixed it.

luckman212
Sharp
Sharp

Unread post by luckman212 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:30 pm

I don't actually have a Users Applications folder, but I will check that. For me there was no "installer" just a .DMG file which has the App in it when mounted.
DS1515+, DSM 6.2-23739 u2

Bezelle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Bezelle » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:43 am

Users Application folder is at this path, MacintoshHD>Users>YourName>Applications. System Applications folder is this path, MacintoshHD>Applications.

You are correct about the installer. Double click .DMG and drag app into the folder show in the window created by .DMG.

sarantak
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by sarantak » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:34 am

Bezelle wrote:Think I found the problem. Appears to be where the app is located. If you put it in the standard system level Applications folder then it does as yours. The installer actually puts it in your Users Application folder. After I dragged it to the system Application folder then it would not open. Putting it back into Users Application folder fixed it.
many thanks!

MikeUnderwood
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by MikeUnderwood » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 pm

luckman212,

One of my computers did not have a user application folder either, so I created Applications right below the user and dragged the app there and it worked.

Mike

hermeneut
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by hermeneut » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm

It simply doesn't open for me at all.

leroyrich
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by leroyrich » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:48 pm

hermeneut wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm
It simply doesn't open for me at all.
Yeah I'm seeing the same thing. I've tried the recommendations to move the application to the "~/Applications" folder, and the result is different, but now it launches and immediately crashes. :?

This is pretty unfortunate, definitely not ideal to say the least. I moved away from Evernote in favor of more privacy and a cheaper monthly cost, but I can't even launch the application. Yes, the DSM version still works, but I can't use that offline. :x

cplmills
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by cplmills » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:25 pm

same issue here. Moved the app to the Users Application folder and now the app immediately crashes.
Running 10.13.6

faestro
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by faestro » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:28 pm

I suggest you first install Note Station on your Diskstation and install Note Station on your desktop afterwards.
That did the trick for me.
Please share if a reply was useful or how the issue was solved, it helps other DS users.

DS 1817+ onsite w/ 6 WD40EFRX: DSM 6.2.1-23824

vinotino
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by vinotino » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi there! It seems that this issue happens with more apps. F. e. Cloud station backup.
I have an imac 2017 and seperated the fusion drive in two separate disks. I made a symbolic link from the blade ssd (where i have installed the system) to the big disk where i’ve copied the Applications folder to.
ALL programs are working with this configuration (adobe, office, ...) exept “cloud station backup”. 🤬 During the installation you can choose where to install the program. WHY?, It’s not working if it’s installed in another location than the root Applications folder. I think it’s a bug in the installer. Just like with note station. Anyone a solution?? (maybe “show package content” and change stuff there to make it launch?)

Return to “Note Station”