Has anyone installed Ioncube loader?

See if your 3rd party software (such as backup software) is compatible with our product.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
cosmichobo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Has anyone installed Ioncube loader?

Unread post by cosmichobo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Has anyone installed ioncube loader? If so, how did you do it? Thanks.
DS712+

phil14
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Has anyone installed Ioncube loader?

Unread post by phil14 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Did you succeed installing ionCube loader?
I need it for a web application called untermStrich .
DS918+, current DSM 6.1
Thanks!

phil14
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by phil14 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:45 pm

[Update:]
I managed to install it as follows:
1) Download the Linux 64 bit zip, unpack, and upload to a ioncube subfolder of the web folder on the NAS.
2) See what the loader-wizard says at http://nas/ioncube/loader-wizard.php
3) Inspired by the wizard, I did:
cp /volume3/web/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so /usr/local/lib/php70/modules
chmod a+r ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so
chmod u+w ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so
4) Modify php.ini:
vi /volume3/@appstore/PHP7.0/usr/local/etc/php70/php.ini
and insert this line on top:
zend_extension = /usr/local/lib/php70/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so
5) Check with the wizard, it says "installed successfully".

I am not happy with step 4) because I do not want to mess around with files that look like generated by DSM. I have no idea when this file might get overwritten, or whether it will get restored in case I need to restore my NAS from backup.

Does anyone know a better place to store a custom php.ini for apache 2.4 and php 7.0 ?

phil14
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by phil14 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:37 am

[Update]
Regarding step 4), I read somewhere in the forum that it is possible to add .ini files to /usr/local/etc/php56/conf.d or php70/conf.d , but this seems to apply for the Synology web apps only (at least the ustrich.ini I put there did not seem to work). Same for php70/fpm.d...

cosmichobo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by cosmichobo » Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 am

Thanks for showing how to install Ioncube. It's too complicated for me as I'm not willing/able to make these kinds of modifications. I hope Synology provides Ioncube as a package that can be installed via the package center.
DS712+

phil14
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by phil14 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:53 am

It turned out that the company who makes the app that needed ionCube insisted on having a plain vanilla Linux web server anyway. So I installed the VMM package, and set up a Ubuntu server in a virtual machine. This has been working great for several weeks now.

Inside the virtual machine, you are free to do whatever you feel like, without interfering with the NAS operating system. It turned out to be the better solution in my case. The only thing you need to keep in mind is thatyou need to backup the VM separately, it is not included in the standard backups. So, either install and setup ActiveBackup using ssh, or manually export the VM regularly to a location which is included in your backup strategy. The VMM creates snapshots, but these live in the NAS file system only. In the future, there might be a feature to backup a whole VM from outside.

Return to “Software Compatibility Lists”