Intel C2000 Series Failures

Any related inquiries about Synology product? Post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
iknowtech
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Intel C2000 Series Failures

Unread post by iknowtech » Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 am

Tobias-vdp wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 pm
iknowtech wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am
Tobias-vdp wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 am
Now my RS815+ is affected as well - bought in Jan 2015 - out of the three years warranty, synology support was not helpful. The whole dealing with this topic, especially for rack units that are used in corporate environments, is subpar. Need to buy something new, and it probably won´t be another synology after this experience
You should get an additional year on your warranty, shouldn't be very easy to get an RMA. How quickly you'll receive the replacement I can't say, but getting the RMA issued should be no problem.
Synology refused an advance replacement

Synology refused to make an RMA and asked me to contact my distributor who went out of business
I can tell you that's not what a majority of people have experienced. What country are you in?

How did you reach out for the RMA?

Either your in a country where RMA rules are different than the USA, you're going about the RMA the wrong way, or you pissed someone off for some reason.

Tobias-vdp
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Tobias-vdp » Fri May 18, 2018 5:59 am

iknowtech wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 am
Tobias-vdp wrote:
iknowtech wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 am

You should get an additional year on your warranty, shouldn't be very easy to get an RMA. How quickly you'll receive the replacement I can't say, but getting the RMA issued should be no problem.

Synology refused to make an RMA and asked me to contact my distributor who went out of business
I can tell you that's not what a majority of people have experienced. What country are you in?

Either your in a country where RMA rules are different than the USA, you're going about the RMA the wrong way, or you pissed someone off for some reason.
Living in Germany, reached out via support form, the answers were not helpful at all, sent an email to the special mail adress after this experience asking for clarification on the warranty period of this unit and did not even receive an answer...

iknowtech
Skilled
Skilled

Unread post by iknowtech » Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Tobias-vdp wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:59 am
iknowtech wrote:
Tobias-vdp wrote:

Living in Germany, reached out via support form, the answers were not helpful at all, sent an email to the special mail adress after this experience asking for clarification on the warranty period of this unit and did not even receive an answer...
Try calling them.
+49 211 9666 9666

Or call the US Support if you have to.
1 (425) 296-3177

Tobias-vdp
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Tobias-vdp » Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm

iknowtech wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:33 pm
Tobias-vdp wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:59 am
iknowtech wrote:

Try calling them.
+49 211 9666 9666

Or call the US Support if you have to.
1 (425) 296-3177
Tried to call us - after 10 minutes i gave up - started a chat where the support person confirmed that they can´t help me either, as only the country support can help

Return to “General Products Inquiries”