Unable to access WordPress after changing Synology IP

Discussion room for Wordpress, a weblog based social networking community.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
acferraz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unable to access WordPress after changing Synology IP

Unread post by acferraz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:38 pm

I started to use WordPress recently with my Synology and so far I only access it from my computer (no outside access).
My problem is:
I just got a new router, which changed the IP address for my Synology.
I can access Synology DSM with no problem in the new address, but when I click to open WordPress, it goes to the old IP and doesn't find anything.
I have tried to type in the address bar the new IP followed by /wordpress but it also, for some reason, goes to the old IP.
I have even uninstalled WordPress and re-installed, but I am still having the same problem. WordPress is always going to the old IP address.

Does anyone knows how I change this configuration in WordPress so I can direct it to the right place?
Many thanks in advance!

acferraz
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Unable to access WordPress after changing Synology IP

Unread post by acferraz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:21 am

I got this solved.
I had to put in the address bar the IP address followed by /wordpress/wp-admin that prompted me to input my WordPress username and password.
I then noticed that inside WordPress, under Settings>General in Site URL I had the address for the old IP. I tried to delete this and leave it blank but it won't let me (when I click save it says that is not a valid address)
Anyway, I regain access to my WP blog.

Xtravagant
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Unable to access WordPress after changing Synology IP

Unread post by Xtravagant » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:09 am

I got the same problem.

How did you fix it?
(Old IP)

Return to “Wordpress”