Container stuck in exporting

Discussion room for Docker, a lightweight virtualization application that gives you the ability to run thousands of containers created by developers from all over the world on DSM
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
jak0lantash
Trainee
Trainee

Container stuck in exporting

Unread post by jak0lantash » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi guys,
I'm having a little bit of a problem with a container.
As I finished to configure the service I host in this container, I tried to export it in order to have a full back of it.
I chose to export settings and data.
When I realized that the container was much heavier than initially planed, I wanted to cancel the export.
Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel the export. In a desperate attempt to stop the export without waiting aaaageeees for it to complete, I deleted the exported file from File Station, hoping this would result in an error and abort the export.
I realize now that it was a poor decision... The container is now stuck in Exporting, the exported image is not there (not recreated). I waited for several hours, but no change. I can't delete it. I can't edit it even if stopped...
Any idea of what I need to do?
Thanks

jak0lantash
Trainee
Trainee

Re: Container stuck in exporting

Unread post by jak0lantash » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Nobody has a clue?
The container is still on Exporting...

jak0lantash
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by jak0lantash » Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm sure there is also some Synology employees around here. If nobody from the community can help me, I'd appreciate that someone from Synology could at least try.
I'm clearly not being over pushy to get an immediate solution to this ongoing situation, but having no reply in over a month makes me wonder.
The exporting status is clearly in some configuration file, xml, database somewhere. I'm sure there would be easy fix for it.
Thank you

mateuslage
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mateuslage » Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 pm

I have the same problem.
Anybody know the solution?

jak0lantash
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by jak0lantash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:18 am

After being hit by this problem: https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopi ... 8&t=119523
I looked in the config file of my docker: /var/packages/Docker/etc/<docker_name>.config, and there it is!

Code: Select all

"exporting" : true,
change it to

"exporting" : false,
I can't see if it works though as none of my containers are shown :'(

billaking
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by billaking » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 pm

I took went just a little further to solve my problem. I installed nano from the synology community. Opened a terminal on my mac and ssh into the Synology DSM and executed

sudo nano /var/packages/Docker/etc/sameersbn-gitlab1.config 
to remove gitlab

Once in the file I change "exporting" : true, to false

Opened Docker and the Exporting... is gone and the ability to delete the container was possible.

Return to “Docker”