SFTP not working from Cisco appliance

For issues regarding settings and usage of FTP and WebDAV service, post it here!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
tlmedia
I'm New!
I'm New!

SFTP not working from Cisco appliance

Unread post by tlmedia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Running a DS1815 at DSM 5.2-5592

I've enabled FTP and SFTP (port 22). My test user is authorized for the directory, and ftp. I can connect and upload/delete a file using WinSCP.

However I'm trying to set up backups from my Cisco application to the DSM. It supports SFTP. However after entering the IP/username/password, it tells me wrong password.

To make things even stranger, I can run another SFTP server (Solarwinds), and the Cisco application can easily connect to that SFTP server.

All examples are on the same subnet, no firewall.

I've tried turning on FTP logs, but nothing shows up (success or failures).

Anything else I can look at? Thanks

benkirton
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: SFTP not working from Cisco appliance

Unread post by benkirton » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:37 am

I have the same issue. Cannot add as a backup location in DRS. Is true on CUCM and UCXN.

I can access it using Transmit (from Panic) and Cyberduck but not from the Cisco appliance. I assume it's because CUCM/UCXN are restrictive in the SFTP servers they use.

An issue is that the Synology DS doesn't record any logs for the failure and the Cisco appliances just tell you the SFTP server isn't even there.

Any have an idea how to solve this?

mjunek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: SFTP not working from Cisco appliance

Unread post by mjunek » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:10 am

I know this is 3 years too late, but I just fought with the same problem for the last hour and figured it out.
The CUCM version I am using is 9.1, and it appears to use an older SSH encryption algorithm.
In DSM Control Panel --> Terminal & SNMP --> Terminal --> Advanced Settings I had to set the security level to Low. Having at medium or higher prevents the SSH session from establishing, which is why nothing appears in the DSM logs.
I'm not sure of the exact algorithm used which could be specified in custom.

Hopefully this helps anyone fighting the same issue in the future.

Return to “FTP & WebDAV Server”