Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
kdbmebk
Student
Student
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:57 pm

When I drag and drop a Folder into File Station, it now Copies the Folder (Blank) into the Area, but now it just remains 'Forever Looping' in the upload Queue...... We used to copy files Back in the 1980s.......

lillis
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by lillis » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm

I have the same problem, both within my own network and from work.

I have tried to both Overwrite and Skip but its just waiting. It says "Uploading" and nothing happens.

kdbmebk
Student
Student
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

lillis wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm
I have the same problem, both within my own network and from work.

I have tried to both Overwrite and Skip but its just waiting. It says "Uploading" and nothing happens.
Yes, it used to work just fine for me until now..... What I did try was select some individual Files and it did copy those. However when I copy a Folder from my Computer (Drag and Drop into File station).... The folder name appears in my NAS File Station, but it seems to be in an endless loop in the Upload Queue.

lillis
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by lillis » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:37 pm

kdbmebk wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Yes, it used to work just fine for me until now..... What I did try was select some individual Files and it did copy those. However when I copy a Folder from my Computer (Drag and Drop into File station).... The folder name appears in my NAS File Station, but it seems to be in an endless loop in the Upload Queue.
Individual files works good for me as well, but not folders

sincarne
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by sincarne » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 pm

kdbmebk wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm
lillis wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm
I have the same problem, both within my own network and from work.

I have tried to both Overwrite and Skip but its just waiting. It says "Uploading" and nothing happens.
Yes, it used to work just fine for me until now..... What I did try was select some individual Files and it did copy those. However when I copy a Folder from my Computer (Drag and Drop into File station).... The folder name appears in my NAS File Station, but it seems to be in an endless loop in the Upload Queue.
why use file station and not network drive in windows explorer?

kdbmebk
Student
Student
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:51 pm

sincarne wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 pm
why use file station and not network drive in windows explorer?

How would I get my Files on my Local Computer that are not on the NAS, copied over to the NAS.
I can't see these files on File Station.
BTW -- This used to work fine a few months ago.

sincarne
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by sincarne » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:15 am

kdbmebk wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:51 pm
sincarne wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 pm
why use file station and not network drive in windows explorer?

How would I get my Files on my Local Computer that are not on the NAS, copied over to the NAS.
I can't see these files on File Station.
BTW -- This used to work fine a few months ago.
????

those files on computer... drag and drop from folder on computer to folder on NAS. file station only need for access when not home. when not home VPN work much better...

kdbmebk
Student
Student
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:37 am

sincarne wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:15 am
????

those files on computer... drag and drop from folder on computer to folder on NAS. file station only need for access when not home. when not home VPN work much better...
And that is EXACTLY what is NOT working !!

Do you actually think you are being helpful? --- You drop one liners meant to insult people. Why are you even posting. You offer no help. Just insults and an attempt to display your self inflated superiority! You either don't know anything at all or are just being obstinate.

Your other responses to me regarding my Port Forwarding Problems were just as worthless. You also don't seem to have a good grasp on the English Language. If you are a foreigner, and English is a second language I can cut you some slack. However if English is your only Language, you border on the illiterate. If I were you, I would read this forum more and Post less. If you have attained 'Guru' Status because of your post numbers, I understand. It is certainly not because of any of knowledge being distributed.

tb123
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by tb123 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:43 am

I think the question being asked is, are you dragging a file from Windows Explorer and dropping it into a web browser with File Station open?
If you are, can you just access the NAS through Windows Explorer (mapped drive etc) and drag and drop between two Windows Explorer windows rather than using File Explorer?

Having said that, I can drag and drop both files AND folders from Synology File Explorer into Windows Explorer
DS916+, 3 x 4TB WD Red, 1 x 4TB WD Purple
UniFi USG, 16 port PoE switch and 4 x AP’s, some Windows, Mac, Android and iDevices

kdbmebk
Student
Student
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:00 am

tb123 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:43 am
I think the question being asked is, are you dragging a file from Windows Explorer and dropping it into a web browser with File Station open?
If you are, can you just access the NAS through Windows Explorer (mapped drive etc) and drag and drop between two Windows Explorer windows rather than using File Explorer?

Having said that, I can drag and drop both files AND folders from Synology File Explorer into Windows Explorer
Well, if that is the question being asked, then yes Windows Explorer works just fine.....But that was not the problem that I was posting about. I was posting about File Station and Windows Explorer no longer working. It used to a few months ago.

lillis
Trainee
Trainee
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by lillis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:08 am

sincarne wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 pm
kdbmebk wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:28 pm
lillis wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm
I have the same problem, both within my own network and from work.

I have tried to both Overwrite and Skip but its just waiting. It says "Uploading" and nothing happens.
Yes, it used to work just fine for me until now..... What I did try was select some individual Files and it did copy those. However when I copy a Folder from my Computer (Drag and Drop into File station).... The folder name appears in my NAS File Station, but it seems to be in an endless loop in the Upload Queue.
why use file station and not network drive in windows explorer?
Because I'm not always at home or use VPN

tb123
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by tb123 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:22 am

It doesn’t fix the original problem, and if you have an issue you should log a ticket with Synology support, however, you could potentially use WebDav so you can drag and drop between mapped folders in Windows Explorer when home or away.
DS916+, 3 x 4TB WD Red, 1 x 4TB WD Purple
UniFi USG, 16 port PoE switch and 4 x AP’s, some Windows, Mac, Android and iDevices

kdbmebk
Student
Student
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm

Re: Drag and Drop from Windows Explorer used to work, but now just sits in the upload Queue .......

Unread post by kdbmebk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 pm

So, here is the Scoop...... Synology says that they only support this feature with Chrome. And it does work with Chrome... However for the last couple years, I have been using Firefox and it worked just fine... But it doesn't now. :-(

So now you know... (I won't be using Chrome on a regular basis, however)

Locked

Return to “File Station”