DS416J Windows copy error

All questions regarding using our system with Windows XP, Vista, 7 may go here.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://myds.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
pltan75
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS416J Windows copy error

Postby pltan75 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,

I'm having some issues with a new DS416J which I just setup today, connected through a switch with gigabit ethernet, Windows 10

So I've mapped a folder on the NAS to windows, and each time I try to copy a file over , I get an

" Error 0x8007003B: Unexpected Network error occured"

This has happened every single time for multiple large files. Usually speeds will just slow down, and it will stop altogether returning this error.

However when I use File Station to upload a file, there's no problem, and I've replicated this a few times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

This Newbie would love any help someone could provide.

Thank you
pltan75
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: DS416J Windows copy error

Postby pltan75 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:18 am

Just as an update, I still can't copy files to or from the Synology NAS to the PC, and always getting the same error.

I actually have a WDTV Live Hub with some external drives connected to the same Switch the Synology is, and I am having no issues with files there.

What could be wrong? :/

Return to “Windows OS”