Shared Link and direct download

Questions regarding using the Web File Manager, "File Station" and "File Browser" can be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:
https://account.synology.com/support/suppo ... p?lang=enu
2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
chriscamicas
I'm New!
I'm New!

Shared Link and direct download

Postby chriscamicas » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 am

Hi there,

I'm using public file sharing, it works fine, but the generated link does not provide a direct access to the file. Instead I have a landing page with a button to download my file.
Both the page and the button works just fine, but I'd like to get rid of the page and have a direct download link to the file.
Is there a way to achieve that ?

Thanks for your help
DS415+ \ DSM 6.1.3
cicciopasticcio
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Shared Link and direct download

Postby cicciopasticcio » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 am

+1

would love this feature!

chriscamicas wrote:Hi there,

I'm using public file sharing, it works fine, but the generated link does not provide a direct access to the file. Instead I have a landing page with a button to download my file.
Both the page and the button works just fine, but I'd like to get rid of the page and have a direct download link to the file.
Is there a way to achieve that ?

Thanks for your help

Return to “File Station”