Installation issues regarding php?

Test out the highly anticipated 514/515 firmware, for all x06 models, and the DS-101j
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
grouper
Student
Student

Installation issues regarding php?

Postby grouper » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14 pm

Sorry to bother you, since this is my first beta-test with activated php/mysql, do I have to expect any troubles there? OK, I have a backup of my phpBB running on my 101j, but can anyone confirm that I do not have to reinstall the whole php-stuff afterwards?
Will telnet still be enabled?
Will my twonkyserver still work after the update?

Lots of questions, thanks in advance,

Grouper
DavidG
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Installation issues regarding php?

Postby DavidG » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:46 pm

grouper wrote:Sorry to bother you, since this is my first beta-test with activated php/mysql, do I have to expect any troubles there? OK, I have a backup of my phpBB running on my 101j, but can anyone confirm that I do not have to reinstall the whole php-stuff afterwards?

Grouper

I don't know about PHP, but Twonky and telnet still work on mine.
DS-109 Seagate ST31000528AS
DS-107 Maxtor 7H500F0 500G SATA
DS-106 Hitachi TSD-500H2 500GB SATA
mdo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: Installation issues regarding php?

Postby mdo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:15 pm

grouper wrote:Sorry to bother you, since this is my first beta-test with activated php/mysql, do I have to expect any troubles there? OK, I have a backup of my phpBB running on my 101j, but can anyone confirm that I do not have to reinstall the whole php-stuff afterwards?

Grouper

It works for me! Actually I only had a trial twonkyserver installed - but after the install of the betafirmware the twonky is no more in trial - its just working:-)

Return to “Beta: Firmware 515 for x06, and DS-101j”