Joining DS101g+ to an ADS

All questions/comments about the DS101g+ 460 firmware may go here. Support questions may be directed in the support category.
Forum rules
Synology Community is the new platform for the enthusiasts' interaction, and it will soon be available to replace the Forum.
Lx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Joining DS101g+ to an ADS

Unread post by Lx » Tue May 22, 2007 10:28 pm

Hello,

I've succefully upgraded my DS101g+.

But when I log in on the administration interface / network service, the Option for joining it to a domain does'nt appear.

(But it's descrided in the related help)

I don't know why...

Any Idea ? :)

Thx

Lx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Lx » Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 am

*bump*

No Idea ? :)

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Fri May 25, 2007 8:13 pm

The DS101g+ does not support the capability of joining ADS Domains--if you seen in it in a documentation, sorry about the confusion that has given you. We use general screen shots when producing help manuals, which may show functions which are not supported by the DS101g+. Again, apologizes for the confusion.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

Lx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Lx » Sat May 26, 2007 12:01 am

Are you sure ? When I read the release notes I can see:

(2525) New web management UI: (1) function items are reorganized (2) CSS style sheet is improved.
Photo Station 2: (1) new UI of Photo Station (2) better performance (3) allows user comment on individual photo (4) better browsing experience (5) allows choosing album and subfolder cover (6) allows editing title and description on photo or album (7) allows right-click to download the original-sized photo
(3048) Web Download Manager is added as a new feature.
(2110) iTunes Server is added as a new feature.
(2476) New feature: "Email" input field is added for Administrator to enter for each user. A notification containing password information will be sent to the user afterward.
(2728) Added MB as an option for setting user quota.
(2069, 2877, 3009) Enhanced the ability to parse tag information of MP3 files stored on Disk Station.
(2888) Enhanced song title display in DMA when the song contains special characters.
(3016) Enhanced the hibernation mechanism of internal hard disk.
(2165) USB disk hibernation is supported.
(2365) Enhanced data copy stability for wireless environment.
(2116) Enhanced the information display on Download Redirector when the disk is full.
(2517, 2643) Download Station enhancement: (1) allows users to set the port range (2) bandwidth control
FTP enhancement: (1) allows user to set the port range for passive FTP (2) automatically block repeated attempt IP’s (3) Enhanced FTP connection when system is behind NAT.
(2837) Enhanced AFP performance.
Domain users are allowed to login via Samba/FTP/AFP NTFS support: read-only NTFS support is added for external USB and eSATA disk.
Installation enhancement: port is automatically changed for Synology DR II, Synology Assistant, and Synology Download Redirector to prevent installation port conflict.

And i've read it on helps what are in the administration interface.

ebaauw
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by ebaauw » Mon May 28, 2007 9:15 pm

Same here: no option to specify a Windows domain instead of the workgroup.

Lx
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by Lx » Wed May 30, 2007 7:14 pm

*bump*

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Thu May 31, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi all-

Sorry for the confusion that the release note error has created--it has been corrected, and please note that the DS101g+ does not support the capability of joining ADS Domains.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

Return to “Firmware 460 for DS101g+”