eStata to USB Local Backup

Reference only! Archived older discussions about backup and restore of the DiskStation to any client.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
benjibarnicals
Enlightened
Enlightened

eStata to USB Local Backup

Postby benjibarnicals » Mon May 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi,

I have to Synology NAS DS systems, one DS106e and one DS109j. I'm getting rid of the 106e and so decided to do a local backup of the whole hard disk via eSata to a external HDD I've got. I did this rather than a network backup as the network backup fails ALL the time, without finding a cure.

Anyway, after doing the eStata backup, the share was called "satashare" when it's plugged into my 106e, I then plugged it into my 109j via USB (as this unit doesn't have eSata) and low-and-behold the system can't see the satashare backup, instead it mounts the disk as "usbshare1".

Could someone help me out here? I NEED to get access to the files that were put on there under the "satashare" share name.

Thanks,

Ben

ps. if it involved a little unix CLI I don't mind.
Seed
Versed
Versed

Re: eStata to USB Local Backup

Postby Seed » Mon May 10, 2010 7:56 pm

the system renames the volume as usbshare1. The files should be there just under usbshare1.

Seed
DS412+ 5.0-4458 | 4x3TB Seagate
CloudStation | CrashPlan | Time Machine | Surveillance Station

Return to “Backup/Restore (Archived)”