518 and Western Digital MyBook hibernation solution?

All questions regarding system hibernation may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Itron
Trainee
Trainee

518 and Western Digital MyBook hibernation solution?

Unread post by Itron » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:41 pm

I notice a few people are experiencing hibernation issues with the 518 firmware and wondered whether anybody has found a solution yet?

I am running a CS-406, connected to a WD MyBook for local backup. This has been running fine on firmware V426 for months. (Absolutely rock solid, with everything working as expected.) I finally decided that 518 had enough additions to make it worthwhile the upgrade risk :-) However, the MyBook now fails to hibernate, and I am not convinced that the CS-406 is hibernating either!! Both units seem to start powering the drives down, and then roar back into life before completing the hibernation process!

Anybody discovered any solutions yet? I haven't done a great deal of testing yet, apart from resetting a few configuration settings like UPS support which had been disabled during the upgrade process. I have turned off and on the hibernation settings for all drives, to see if that would clear the problem, but so far no joy. The local backup does work succefully, and the usb drive is recognised correctly.

Many thanks

Mark.

Franklin
Synology Inc
Synology Inc

Unread post by Franklin » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm

You are welcomed to contact online support with regards to your hibernation questions. The link is in my signature.
**Franklin is not available**
**Please do not Private Message me for support questions; leave it on the forum so all members can learn. Thanks!**
Library ~ SynologyWiki ~ Synology FAQ ~ Compatibility Lists
Forum Links ~ Forum Policy ~ 3rd-party forums ~ Help us help you ~ Posting Images
Demo Links ~ DSM GUI ~ Photo Station
Downloads ~ Firmware Downloads ~ Beta Program
Support ~ Support Form ~ Submit Kernel ~ Synology eNews

Itron
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by Itron » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Thank you Franklin, I will see what happens :-)

Return to “Hibernation Room”