NAS has stopped hibernating/deep sleep

All questions regarding system hibernation may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Jota
Beginner
Beginner

NAS has stopped hibernating/deep sleep

Unread post by Jota » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:46 pm

As per title.

A rather strange case given I haven't changed anything on it. It used to hibernate then deep sleep every day, no problem until a few months back and now it just refuses to hibernate.

It's a DS916+ with a DX513 expansion attached. The expansion will hibernate and if something brings it out of hibernation this event is logged in the log files although it just says - "Disks in Expansion Unit [1] woke up from hibernation." not what woke it.

I detached the DX513 today, rebooted the 916+ and it still wont hibernate but there are no log entries in the log file area saying why it's not hibernating.

I tried deleting the setting for hibernating and re-doing it and it logged that -

Info
System
2018/09/24 14:06:05
admin
Deep sleep for [DS916+] was enabled.

Info
System
2018/09/24 14:05:53
admin
Deep sleep for [DS916+] was disabled.

So I did that at 14.05 and it's now 16.40 and there's been no more log entries.

I unplugged the ethernet cable and the 916+ went into hibernation and deep sleep as per my setup.

How can I check what is stopping the hibernation if the log files are not recording what's stopping it?

tia

Return to “Hibernation Room”