HDD Standby issue

All questions regarding system hibernation may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Obsolet
I'm New!
I'm New!

HDD Standby issue

Unread post by Obsolet » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi Synology Users!

This is my first post here and it is concerning an issue with the HDD Standby functionality. I have a DiskStation 110+ with latest production DSM running.
Since a while I noticed that my HDD is no longer going into Standby as configured after 20 minutes. I also noticed that you can hear HDD access every 20-30 seconds when you're near the case but the HDD activity LED does not flash at all.
I have already re-setup the HDD timers and rebooted the Diskstation but still the HDD is running all the time. I have also enabled the protocols and they do not show any spin-down/up events.

I checked for any running tasks but could not find any. Also from my PCs there is no active auto backup or whatsoever which could trigger the disk access.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for helping!

Regards
Sascha

Return to “Hibernation Room”