DS916+ always active / doesn't hibernate

All questions regarding system hibernation may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
johnnyutah97
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS916+ always active / doesn't hibernate

Unread post by johnnyutah97 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:47 pm

I recently migrated to a DS916+. It doesn't seem to ever sleep / go into hibernation and the disks slick slightly like they're working (but not intensely). The CPU hovers are 2% and RAM at 7%. Is there a way to identify how to get it to go it hibernate when it's not in periods of use (like overnight)? Obviously I'm not a power user of the NAS so I wouldn't suspect that it to be in a constant state of 'use'. Is this normal behavior? Thanks!

Yearofthegoat
Beginner
Beginner

Re: DS916+ always active / doesn't hibernate

Unread post by Yearofthegoat » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Mine also does this despite being set to hibernate.

I would like to know how to find out what process(es) are preventing it hibernating.

Anyone know?
DS212J, DS916+

tproko
Novice
Novice

Unread post by tproko » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm

One of the most common applications to prevent hibernate seems to be Plex (without further tuning).
You can take a look on the system logs after logging in via ssh shell.

Yearofthegoat
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Yearofthegoat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks, will take a look. Don't have Plex, but do have MariaDb and phpMyAdmin, and the media centre.

By ssh shell, I take it that's just running ssh (like a DOS shell/Powershell).

Where are the system logs saved, and how do I look at them (can I 'print' them to screen, or to a file)?
DS212J, DS916+

Return to “Hibernation Room”