A possible resolution to no hibernation after updates ?

All questions regarding system hibernation may be placed here. Thanks!
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Ma08
I'm New!
I'm New!

A possible resolution to no hibernation after updates ?

Unread post by Ma08 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 pm

I just pass by quickly before sleeping in case it could help someone ( Yes, after 2 years of trying things sporadically, I spent 2 days of my life to fix this myself ... )
For those who have hibernation problem, I suggest you this fix :

- Stop all services
- Enable the firewall
- Deny all from your router IP (ALL PORTS)
- Enable the services and accept the firewall rule

Your services should be fine and still accessible from outside and will still wake up your NAS when needed.
If it works, it was "Just" your router that sends random packets (Not only ARP apparently)
It wakes up your Synology Nas for whatever reason.
I have to insist on some points : In my case, out of the box and some updates later, the hibernation was working perfect until updates 5 if I remember well. All with the same network config and router.

Hope that it will fix your hibernation problem too.
And I also hope it can help the Synology support team to fix this, even if it looks like they don't care about this problem while it was a really huge one for me.

Return to “Hibernation Room”