DS111 and how many 3mega pixel cameras?

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Abula
I'm New!
I'm New!

DS111 and how many 3mega pixel cameras?

Unread post by Abula » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi,

Im trying to find out how many cameras would my DS111 will handle, according to synology web, it says 8 cameras, given that the licence are bought, im planning on running an HP Procurve 1410-16G Switch (J9560A) + WS-POE-8-48v120w passive Power Over Ethernet POE Injector for 8 IP cameras, so in theory im set to run 5 home PC + couple accespoint + 8x Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I Outdoor HD 3MP IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm, but im wondering if you guys think the DS111 will be able to handle it, I have fears on the CPU, that it might struggle with so many cameras, but im a newbie on synology surveillance station, so might be fine or not to run 8 of those cameras.

If you guys know if its the DS111 is not fast enough, what synology would? im not interested on massive storage, DS713+ (witht the Intel atom dual core) or DS214+ (with the Marvel XP Armada)?

Return to “Surveillance Station”