How does Surveillance Station know camera has triggered?

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
danofboca
I'm New!
I'm New!

How does Surveillance Station know camera has triggered?

Unread post by danofboca » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:14 pm

I'm using several different HIKVision cameras. I'm attempting to use the camera motion detection event trigger vs the Surveillance Station. In the Event Detection I've clicked on use the camera. I'm having difficulty getting Event Detection. How does Surveillance Station know that the camera has triggered?

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Re: How does Surveillance Station know camera has triggered?

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:44 pm

If SS is the source of your Detection then just make sure you have set the detection area as well as sensitivity and treshold.

After that it will start to record without any probelm and record any detection or motion (tweak sensitivity and threashold more or less as needed).
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

cpfood
Trainee
Trainee

Re: How does Surveillance Station know camera has triggered?

Unread post by cpfood » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:21 pm

This stumped me as well when I set it back up first time in a few years. You need to also change what your recording schedule is to not be continuous but detect motion when you want. It's the green boxes on the schedule matrix.

Return to “Surveillance Station”