SMS Notifications (Motion) - 10+ Minute Delay?

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
yuhoo91
I'm New!
I'm New!

SMS Notifications (Motion) - 10+ Minute Delay?

Postby yuhoo91 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Has anyone else - also using SMS notifications for motion detection - been experiencing times/periods of incredible delay of notification?

For the last 24 hours or so, I have. The cameras are all synced to NTP services (and stamping their own time in the imagery), so I can easily compare text message times with image times. As well as the events themselves that I'm a part of are delayed. For example, I leave the house, and then - ~13 minutes later - I get a text message showing myself leaving the house.

It wasn't this way for the past few months, and I'm "instant texting" on my phone in other uses. Any ideas? Thanks!
yuhoo91
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: SMS Notifications (Motion) - 10+ Minute Delay?

Postby yuhoo91 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Thanks to whomever at Synology that appears to have seen this, and done whatever to fix it. Everything is fast again.
yuhoo91
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby yuhoo91 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

... and it's back again, today. Any help from Synology (again) would be much appreciated!
yuhoo91
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby yuhoo91 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:58 pm

It's been another day and a half with this delay. Perhaps somebody can restart their server and get this back up to par?

I'd also be curious as to what everyone else is using for notification. The app (Android here) is too annoying with false positives, and I have to open the app to only view in real-time. The email piles up, although maybe I could organize it better. I like the sms path in that my text app aggregates them together, for easy viewing and deletion. However, on a 15+ minute delay like it is right now, it's ineffective.
yuhoo91
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby yuhoo91 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Same problem again, different day...

Return to “Surveillance Station”