OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
fitterman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

Postby fitterman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 am

In my case, quizzical's answer was very helpful and led to a problem resolution. I adding a new ONVIF cameras. The SS has the credentials to manage the camera. Things seemed good, but the camera would display as disabled after each edit even though the SS showed a good connection. I had modified the frame rate and resolution in the SS. Once I switched to using the manufacturer's utility to change the camera settings to match what I told the SS the problem disappeared.

To summarize, the mismatch in video frame rate and resolution between the SS and camera settings could only be resolved by changing them to match using the camera manufacturer's utility to set the camera to match what I told the SS. The cameras I am using are Hykamic brand cameras. The utility I used is iVMS-4200 for Macintosh.
denis_pol
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby denis_pol » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 am

When I login and check DAHUA.conf I have "FPS_RULE_V2" in "api_specific".
Is this workaround still working? Is it safe to remove "FPS_RULE_V2"?

Thanks for the help, this is quite frustrating.

Spaldo wrote:For those familiar with ssh/root/linux access. Synology have developed a work around for the Dahua cameras disconnecting:

1. ssh to DSM as root
https://www.synology.com/knowledgebase/ ... SSH_Telnet
2. cd /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support/
3. vim DAHUA.conf
4. Find your camera model and remove "FPS_RULE" in "api_specific"
ex.
api_specific = FPS_RULE,FOCUS_V2,ROTATE_0
Remove the bold part
5. Check camera's tv standard, if it is PAL, the fps should be 25, a stream 2 resolution will have 352x288 or 704x576, and choose correct tv standard on SVS
6. Adjust all camera video settings on web UI and SVS to identical.
7. Re-enable the camera on SVS.
8. If the camera is still disconnected, please try adjust camera fps on web UI and SVS to identical.
If you want to adjust video quality, also adjust the video quality on camera web UI and re-enable camera from SVS UI.
PeteDan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby PeteDan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:58 am

Using AVTECH cameras here. Been more than six months I can't use any of my cameras. For my camera models, there is no "FPS_RULE" for them in the conf file. This is so silly, basically I have cameras just sitting there in disconnected state doing nothing!

I have matched all settings from camera and Surveillance Station. Ready to move onto a different solution! Wasted money on camera licenses that are useless for me at the moment.
fitterman
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby fitterman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Agree. I had ONVIF cameras I bought (< $100) and have now migrated all of them to write to the DiskStation via NFS instead of using Surv Station. Operates more smoothly for me.
theroo
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby theroo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:13 am

Kept having a disconnect issue. What solved it for me is that instead of using H264 video, i used JPG/MJPG for both camera and in SS, then it all worked.

Don't know why this is but whatever, as long as it records

FYI am using Axis camera, as well as DLINK

Return to “Surveillance Station”