OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Re: OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

Unread post by Vellu » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks quizzical. I hadn't thought of that. I'll try to check those on my case as well. Although it would be great if SS informed exactly what is causing the disconnect status somewhere. Maybe it does, but I haven't found the right place.

PeteDan
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by PeteDan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:16 am

quizzical wrote:
PeteDan wrote:
quizzical wrote:Just to report how I solved my issue (thanks to the info in this thread!)
Make sure when you change any of the video quality settings etc of your camera in surveillance settings that you have provided Surveillance Station with Admin credentials for the camera so that it can then effectively apply those settings in your camera. If not it will provide you the disconnected status.
Do you mean login as an admin before you make changes to SS camera settings? Done that, still cameras are showing as disconnected. :(
No I mean that:
- Surveillance center allows you to change video quality settings of your camera
- In reality those are settings of your camera, not of your synology device
- Therefore this only works if you have provided Synology with administrator level credentials of the camera
- If not Synology tries to change the settings in the camera, but these are not accepted.
- As a result there is a mismatch between the settings in synology and the settings of the camera
- Instead of generating a clear error message it gives you the disconnected status.
Ah, OK, understand now, thank you. I checked, Surveillance Station uses camera admin login, so that's all good. Still, no connection. My cameras have been down since the last update. This is crazy, worked flawless up till then, nothing changed in the settings.

smukec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by smukec » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Same problem here. When will synology fix that?????

UnDutchable30
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by UnDutchable30 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:45 am

I have this problem as well. Since the previous DSM firmware update it started. All my Dahua cams are not connected anymore.

The test connection works with the admin credentials, but in the IP Camera overview it keeps activating for a long time with the result: disconnected. Today I upgraded to DSM 6.1.4-15217 and hoped the problem would be gone, but bad luck.

I have also factory reset the camera and started all over, but the same result. Dahua simply responds to a support ticket that the problem is with Synology and they are not entitled to support it. With their Smart PSS tool the camera's are active and via the browser the cams simply work.

Synology Support takes ages and no response is coming back.

Bart

UnDutchable30
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by UnDutchable30 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 am

I was just reading the full history of this post again and was wondering if there would be a trick to get it working.

I just tried to remove the camera first, then added the camera again via Quick Setup. The camera type was shown correctly, but I changed it to Onvif/Generic Onvif. There I got the Load Capability option, but with the Admin account, not with my own account, selected this, tested the connection and puhsed save. Suddenly the camera is working again!

With Onvif the great capabilities of the camera such as H265 are not present, so I removed the camera again and added it, now with the normal Dahua camera type settings and again it failed.

Then I tried to use Generic_Dahua as model with the same result of disconnect.

As a conclusion it seems to me that problem is clearly in the Surveillance station 8.1 in combination with the Camera Add-On pack 5.4.0-2366. Something has been changed by Synology, but they remain silent about it which frustrates.

Spaldo
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Spaldo » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:48 pm

TonyFeestneus wrote:Adding to my previous post: completely setting it up manually (as in, user defined + complete path rtsp://user:pass@ip/ made it work, but only one resolution, but hey, it works).
I have the Dahua IPC-A35, although it is listed in the Synology Surveillance software, it would test successfully and even show the preview window. However, would never activate and give the disconnected message everyone else is getting.

I used TonyFeestneus's manual RTSP path method above and it connected.

Unfortunately it doens't have any of the camera controls, including PTZ, however, at least I can see something for now.

This thread has been going since May 2016. Surely Synology can come to the table.

TonyFeestneus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by TonyFeestneus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:08 am

The not following up on urgent issues by Synology is a reason for me to not ever considering or advising Synology ever again. Making a good product is easy, just listen to your costumers and direct your development money in that direction. Fix the issue in a day, done, everybody happy.

A separate NVR + qnap NAS seems the way to go.

Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Unread post by Vellu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 pm

One thing that I changed was the "force restart", since that doesn't seem to work with my camera. I tried clicking the "Restart now" button and the camera won't restart.

Time sync worked, but I removed the synchronization anyway, since the camera can do it on it's own.

At one point I had the "enable advanced settings for live view" enabled, but now I removed that as well.

Multicast is disabled, as it has always been (so far).

I changed the stream 1 resolution from 640x360 to 1920x1080. And changed the schedule from continuous to motion detection.

Everything else is the same.

Let's see if I still get this disconnected problem.

I didn't change anything on the camera configuration.

Spaldo
Beginner
Beginner

Unread post by Spaldo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:18 am

For those familiar with ssh/root/linux access. Synology have developed a work around for the Dahua cameras disconnecting:

1. ssh to DSM as root
https://www.synology.com/knowledgebase/ ... SSH_Telnet
2. cd /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support/
3. vim DAHUA.conf
4. Find your camera model and remove "FPS_RULE" in "api_specific"
ex.
api_specific = FPS_RULE,FOCUS_V2,ROTATE_0
Remove the bold part
5. Check camera's tv standard, if it is PAL, the fps should be 25, a stream 2 resolution will have 352x288 or 704x576, and choose correct tv standard on SVS
6. Adjust all camera video settings on web UI and SVS to identical.
7. Re-enable the camera on SVS.
8. If the camera is still disconnected, please try adjust camera fps on web UI and SVS to identical.
If you want to adjust video quality, also adjust the video quality on camera web UI and re-enable camera from SVS UI.

TonyFeestneus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by TonyFeestneus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:04 pm

And where has Synology released this workaround which they 'developed' :mrgreen:

smukec
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by smukec » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 pm

In next update :mrgreen: or maybe in next of next :mrgreen:

PeteDan
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by PeteDan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:18 am

Still no connection with ALL my cameras after latest DSM update! [Please control your language]?

harmlessdrudge
Novice
Novice

Unread post by harmlessdrudge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 pm

I made the mistake of trying out geofencing with the DS Cam app with DSM 6.1.4-15217 and my Samsung SNO-6084R camera which has worked for over 3 years. The camera switched to "Disconnected" and could not be powered up again on a PoE link (on which it's installed). I succeeded in getting it powered up and working using the original mains power supply (after I'd gone up a ladder and removed it). Am about to try to do a firmware upgrade and get back to where I was.

hcallahan
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by hcallahan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm

I am running Synology Surveillance Station 6.8.1-3458 on DSM 6.1.4-15217 pd 1, with 2x Foscam cameras.

This morning 1 camera disconnected, yet tests fine from with-in Synology Surveillance Station IP Camera set up.

I logged into the disconnected camera via the Foscam Web interface and rebooted the camera.

Camera fully reconnects and is now once again operational.

-Callahan-

harmlessdrudge
Novice
Novice

Unread post by harmlessdrudge » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Further to my earlier note:

Turned out I had two separate problems

1. A faulty patch cord
2. A PoE switch port that wasn't enabled (on my 2nd PoE switch)

When I got disconnected I tried first connecting the camera to a different port (on a Netgear GS108PE with 4 PoE ports). It turned out that the unplugging and reconnecting was sufficient for the patch cord to die. I then tried the camera on a GS108T (1 PoE port and it didn't come back to life). I thought there was something up with the camera's PoE capability, but that wasn't the case.

After I did a firmware update (with the camera mains powered) and replaced the original patch cord the PoE functionality was again ok on the first switch (haven't ever used on the 2nd).

Return to “Surveillance Station”