OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/support_form.php?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
anma004
I'm New!
I'm New!

Re: OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

Postby anma004 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:58 pm

I had this problem on my Axis cameras, i solved it by opening/portforwarding the RSTP port 554 (which is the default port on Axis cameras) on the router connected to the cameras.

Good Luck

// Andreas
PeteDan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby PeteDan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:07 am

Since latest DSM update, or SS update, wasn't paying attention, I have two cameras that SS can't find, but I can connect directly to the cameras through my browser. Any assistance would be appreciated?
Relax
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Relax » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:15 am

Same problem here, none of my ONVIF cameras is detected anymore.

But they can be added manually without problems.
PeteDan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby PeteDan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:08 pm

Relax wrote:Same problem here, none of my ONVIF cameras is detected anymore.

But they can be added manually without problems.

I can't add mine manually. Nothing from SS, cameras are not connected nor detected.
quizzical
Novice
Novice

Postby quizzical » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:41 am

Just to report how I solved my issue (thanks to the info in this thread!)
Make sure when you change any of the video quality settings etc of your camera in surveillance settings that you have provided Surveillance Station with Admin credentials for the camera so that it can then effectively apply those settings in your camera. If not it will provide you the disconnected status.
PeteDan
Trainee
Trainee

Postby PeteDan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 am

quizzical wrote:Just to report how I solved my issue (thanks to the info in this thread!)
Make sure when you change any of the video quality settings etc of your camera in surveillance settings that you have provided Surveillance Station with Admin credentials for the camera so that it can then effectively apply those settings in your camera. If not it will provide you the disconnected status.

Do you mean login as an admin before you make changes to SS camera settings? Done that, still cameras are showing as disconnected. :(
UnDutchable30
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby UnDutchable30 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:00 am

We are now a year further and the same problem happened 2 days ago. I can test my cams and they work. The cams directly via the intranet do work, via the specific vendor app they work, but via my DS916+ they show disconnected. Removing them and adding them again did not solve anything.

OK test connection but disconnected...what's going on?

Any idea for a solution. I would not expect from the same error again.....

Bart
Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Vellu » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 am

I was able to solve my problem by ensuring that the ONVIF port was different on all of the cameras. Some of them are not connected to SS, but even those have to have a different onvif port. I continuously had one camera disconnecting almost immediately after I deleted and added it back. Then I realized that the onvif port setting was the same as on one other camera.
TonyFeestneus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby TonyFeestneus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 am

Same problem here. Settings that have worked for 1+ year suddenly lots of disconnects. So thought to re-add the camera. Test Connection gives a green checkmark and I can see a still from the camera. Then it tries to activate the camera and it is just going to Disconnected, nothing else.

Tries http/https for the syno, tried everything for the camera but NOTHING works. This is not the first time Syno, I am exploring other NAS options since these headaches are no fun
TonyFeestneus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby TonyFeestneus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:17 am

Adding to my previous post: completely setting it up manually (as in, user defined + complete path rtsp://user:pass@ip/ made it work, but only one resolution, but hey, it works).

It did inform me of a lost connection. AGAIN. But it regained itself. Let's see for how long, dedicated NVR in order since this is totally unreliable.
Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Vellu » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:32 am

ok, seems that the onvif port change did not solve my problem thoroughly.

The camera that I had issues with is having those issues again.
But this time I can't access the camera GUI either.
Nor can I access the camera using P2P app.
So it would seem like it is shut down, or the wifi connection is lost.

But it really isn't. I have the camera sending snapshots once a minute to FTP server.
It was working until yesterday evening after 22:38, when things started to go wrong.
Until that time, those pictures were flowing in regularly, once a minute.
Then those pictures started to come in maybe once in four minutes, or once in 10 minutes
or anything in between. And some of those were totally corrupt (unable to open them) and
most of them were broken so that the bottom of the picture was missing.
So the camera is working, it is trying to send those images (1440 per day). Now there are about
200 images, mostly similar as the image above, in 12-13 hours.

Other cameras on the system are working as I expect them to work, so I guess that this one
is mostly a fault of the camera itself. I have to make it restart once a day so that it would
hopefully come back online after restart.
Vellu
Experienced
Experienced

Postby Vellu » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:01 pm

I did some tcpdump to compare the traffic between working and non-working camera.
It seems that the camera with issues is sending big UDP packets while the traffic on the other camera is pure TCP.

I was able to access the GUI shortly to restart it, but it did not help. Now I can't access the GUI.
Ping response time is between 3 seconds and 7 seconds.
Technically it's a connection issue, but looks like the camera has caused it somehow.
MarcelR
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby MarcelR » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:26 pm

TonyFeestneus wrote:Adding to my previous post: completely setting it up manually (as in, user defined + complete path rtsp://user:pass@ip/ made it work, but only one resolution, but hey, it works).

It did inform me of a lost connection. AGAIN. But it regained itself. Let's see for how long, dedicated NVR in order since this is totally unreliable.

This did it for me with a Dahua IPC-HDBW1320E cam. I have no idea witch resolution I have now.
TonyFeestneus
I'm New!
I'm New!

Postby TonyFeestneus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:20 pm

MarcelR wrote:
TonyFeestneus wrote:Adding to my previous post: completely setting it up manually (as in, user defined + complete path rtsp://user:pass@ip/ made it work, but only one resolution, but hey, it works).

This did it for me with a Dahua IPC-HDBW1320E cam. I have no idea witch resolution I have now.

The one you set for your main stream. In your case that would be the 3MP stream.

But again, Synology should fix this!
quizzical
Novice
Novice

Postby quizzical » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:52 pm

PeteDan wrote:
quizzical wrote:Just to report how I solved my issue (thanks to the info in this thread!)

Do you mean login as an admin before you make changes to SS camera settings? Done that, still cameras are showing as disconnected. :(

No I mean that:
- Surveillance center allows you to change video quality settings of your camera
- In reality those are settings of your camera, not of your synology device
- Therefore this only works if you have provided Synology with administrator level credentials of the camera
- If not Synology tries to change the settings in the camera, but these are not accepted.
- As a result there is a mismatch between the settings in synology and the settings of the camera
- Instead of generating a clear error message it gives you the disconnected status.

Return to “Surveillance Station”