Ubiquiti Micro Cam Support

All questions/comments regarding the Surveillance Station using IP Cameras may be placed here
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
fbaumann
I'm New!
I'm New!

Ubiquiti Micro Cam Support

Unread post by fbaumann » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Good evening

I bought an Ubiquiti Micro Cam and don’t know how to add the IP-Camera to the Surveillance Station. Ubiquity just launched a new Beta Firmware which allows RTSP:

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Vide ... -p/1397066

RTSP URL: rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx:554/s0
Width: 1280
Height: 720
Bitrate: 1416kbps
FPS15

I appreciate your help.

triad
Novice
Novice

Re: Ubiquiti Micro Cam Support

Unread post by triad » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi fbaumann,

Thank you for your information about the new beta firmware :D It finally works!!

I was able to connect my UniFi Micro to the Synology Surveillance Station. Be sure you use at least version 7.1-4056. A new feature is available: Added H.264 & MPEG4 video formats for user-defined cameras.

Use under Brand [User Defined], video format [H.264] and under source path as you did [/s0]. Unfortunately the audio and microphone is not currently supported, but the video stream works without a problem.

Enjoy!
DS1515+, DS718+, DS111, DS216j, DS211j, CS407

mouchanek
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mouchanek » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:42 pm

You are KING! THX

mpbehren
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by mpbehren » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:11 pm

OK, I've updated my Ubiquiti Micro camera software and am updated on the Synology Surveillance software as well. I've activated the RTSP service within the camera setting and get the information needed to add the camera in the Surveillance software as you did. My RTSP is rather different than yours...

Port: 7447
Source Path: /56d76e2bf6495a9607f42ce_0
IP: 127.0.0.2

It always fails to find the camera.

Is your setup a camera that is managed and accessible through the Ubiquiti software? What could I be doing wrong here?

nessi10
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by nessi10 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:34 pm

I have the same problem.
Has anyone a solution for this?

SmithErick
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by SmithErick » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 pm

You all having having issues above is because you are managing the camera through the controller, they stated you need to access the camera directly. Also, if you put the actual NVR's IP address in instead of the local 127.0.0.1 address it would probably work.

daphatty
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by daphatty » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:16 am

I can confirm that the UVC Micro Camera does indeed work with Surveillance Station. The camera should be running at least firmware version 3.2 and the camera needs to be configured in Standalone mode. For security purposes, I enabled RTSP authentication on the camera which I entered into the User Defined camera settings in Surveillance Station along with the appropriate RTSP info (IP Address, Port Number, and Source).
Synology 1815+ | 16 GBs of RAM | 24TBs RAW storage

rebelsh33p
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by rebelsh33p » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:00 am

Hi, being a bit thick here.....

To use the UniFi Micro camera with a Synology NAS (and also possibly stream for live recording to a cloud service) - do I still need to purchase a UniFi NVR?
Will the camera work just with NAS via wireless router?

Thank you.

persistance2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by persistance2 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:24 am

Latest update of the camera firmware and Synology do not work together any longer. None of my different models of the Unifi cameras work. Micro, Dome, Bullet

Firmware for the micro and other cameras UVC.v3.3.0.58.30cfb2c.160506.1600
Surveillance Station 7.2.2-4649

Says when you add camera "Failed to load camera capabilities values."

It used to work find with firmware 3.2 and an older version of Surveillance station released in Dec 2015

I even set the ip in the camera to a fixed IP. the Unifi NVR says "UNMANAGED" and it knows its on a Hardwire connection.

The camera is view-able via the camera's web interface. It works Flawlessly with the Unifi NVR when its being managed by it.

persistance2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by persistance2 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:33 am

Nothing works any longer.

Synology released 7.2.2 and it all went kaput.

I am running firmware 3.3 on all the unifi cameras.

Will connect but WONT save.
Error is
Failed to load camera capabilities values.

cameras not working
Micro
Dome
Bullet

lispm
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by lispm » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:08 pm

I've been running cameras faultlessly for some time but now I get the dreaded "Failed to load camera capabilities values." error.
This as I try to save camera settings, so recording is continuous.
Indeed, normal motion detection triggered recording was nuked by the update (to SS 7.2.2-4649) and it went continuous recording.
I can't save any change to the camera, to go back to event triggering.
Very peeving.

What astonishes me is that Synology or whomever does the dev work, does not
(a) rigorously beta test before releasing updated (ah, of course, we paying customers are the unwitting beta-testers!).
And (b) that they aren't onto monster bugs like this immediately, so issuing a notification (so we know that they are aware), a fix and an apology.

My cameras are not super critical, just fairly, but for others, they are.
And we only just got a fix to the Safari SurveillancePlugin after an impossibly long wait.
This sort of bug is a disaster. But then Synology seem to keep issuing howlers like this. So disappointing.
Guess I shouldn't complain, just accept that I expected a lot better and should have invested my trust elsewhere, especially for something as crucial as camera operations and data backup.
Perhaps I'm just not hunting in the right places, but after exhausting searches I never seem to find a clue that to acknowledge that they have such a major problem, let alone show that they are working on it so that we can get a sense of when we'll get back on-line.

If anyone has a hack to get round this bug, please shout.

persistance2
I'm New!
I'm New!

Unread post by persistance2 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Even the UBNT techs cant get it to work.

Synology definately has a bug

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Vide ... lse#M59968

lispm
Rookie
Rookie

Unread post by lispm » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:40 am

If, as directed on that link, we delete all cameras, restart SS, then try to re-add cameras, you are stuck with the same
"Failed to load camera capabilities values." bug.

So if you want to play with this approach, it is essential to export (backup) your camera configs first.
(for me, this was a complete fail).

nicholasj
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by nicholasj » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Wow, I'm so glad I decided to research whether the G3 Ubiquiti Cams were supported by Synology. I hope they fix this soon!

iknowtech
Skilled
Skilled

Unread post by iknowtech » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:59 am

nicholasj wrote:Wow, I'm so glad I decided to research whether the G3 Ubiquiti Cams were supported by Synology. I hope they fix this soon!
Have you considered running the Unifi NVR software in a Docker Container. I would think that's possible. Since the G3 cameras don't support ONVIF and only RSTP seems like you would lose a lot of functionality using Surveillance Station as the NVR for those cameras.

Those cameras will really designed to work with the Unifi Video Controller software.

Something to consider.

Return to “Surveillance Station”