Upgrading to a new NAS, option to backup download station tasks?

Topics pertaining to volume setup, boot/shutdown, initialization, DSM update, HDD migration.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
Freemann
I'm New!
I'm New!

Upgrading to a new NAS, option to backup download station tasks?

Unread post by Freemann » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:55 am

Hi,

Just bought a new NAS(DS 213+), since it's a different model (both synology, but different models) I can't just move the HDDs from the old NAS(DS215J) to my new NAS. Because I have to re-install DSM, which means it'll remove any settings.
It's possible to make a backup for DSM settings, except for the download station one..

Is it possible to backup my download station settings + download tasks?.
I have 150+ active torrents seeding which I don't wanna lose.

Thanks in advance!

Rusty1281
Sagacious
Sagacious

Re: Upgrading to a new NAS, option to backup download station tasks?

Unread post by Rusty1281 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Where did your hear that you cant migrate from a J to + model? Have you tried it?

Make sure that the both are on the same DSM versions. Backup and export the configuration (it will not export all the settings but most will) and migrate the drives. After that you will be able to restore via your backed up config most of it and just reinstall the apps that will needed an upgrade (considering that the CPU arch is different).
Synology DS918+ (4x4TB WD RED - RAID 5 with 2x250GB 960EVO NVMe) | Synology DS412+ (4x3TB WD RED - RAID 5) | RT1900AC

Return to “Installation, Configuration, Migration, Expansion”