Bit Torrent Sync or Cloud Station Sync

Discuss backup and restore functions of the DiskStation with respect other DiskStations, USB/eSATA, network backup, or other rsync clients.
Forum rules
1) This is a user forum for Synology users to share experience/help out each other: if you need direct assistance from the Synology technical support team, please use the following form:

https://account.synology.com/support/su ... p?lang=enu

2) To avoid putting users' DiskStation at risk, please don't paste links to any patches provided by our Support team as we will systematically remove them. Our Support team will provide the correct patch for your DiskStation model.
mobiledynamics
Trainee
Trainee

Bit Torrent Sync or Cloud Station Sync

Unread post by mobiledynamics » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Migrating from a 412+ 11TB to a fully rigged out 1817+

Not really crazed about either options but for those who have done large dataset migrations, what did you end up doing
Cloudstation, Hyber backup/restore or the latter like bit torrent sync ?

dipole
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bit Torrent Sync or Cloud Station Sync

Unread post by dipole » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Did about 5 TB with resilio sync, worked perfectly, highly recommended. I don't trust cloudsync.

mobiledynamics
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by mobiledynamics » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Afterthought - on new DSM, just use File Manager and remote folder/copy/paste from DSM.

I installed BT sync yesterday afternoon. It's still indexing - a wild guess is that it's done maybe 15% IN TOTAL of the 10TB dataset

mobiledynamics
Trainee
Trainee

Unread post by mobiledynamics » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Of course the luck of it....

I suspect it was due to the IO activity of BT stressing out the HD, indexing 10TB.....bad sectors on 1 disk came up.
Hot Swapped Drives - let the R rebuild and off to reindexing again I suppose..

Return to “Backup/Restore for DiskStation to DiskStation/USB/eSATA/Off-site backups”