Use logged in user's credentials automatically when connecting to a share?

Questions regarding Mac OS X Specifically can be placed here, such as questions regarding TimeMachine, for example.
Forum rules
We've moved! Head over to Synology Community (community.synology.com) to meet up with our team and other Synology enthusiasts!
SeSub3
I'm New!
I'm New!

Use logged in user's credentials automatically when connecting to a share?

Unread post by SeSub3 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Is it possible to have the Mac try using the logged in user's credentials when connecting to a share (SMB or AFP)? Basically, I'm curious to see if it can behave the same as it does for Windows. On Windows, if the logged in user's credentials matches a user on the NAS, it will connect automatically when going to //Server/Share. On the Mac, it seems to always prompt for the username and password. Is it possible to replicate Window's behavior on a Mac? I know I could just save the username/password in Keychain, but just wanted to see if there was another way to do this so it is a little more seamless/automatic.

If it makes any difference, I'm using a DS218+ with the latest version of DMS installed. I'm also using the latest version of High Sierra (soon-to-be Mojave).

Return to “Mac OS X”